Tradable overpriced SG cosmetics is a higher priority than months of gutted content?

@Archetype-Luna said in Tradable overpriced SG cosmetics is a higher priority than months of gutted content?:

@Novaline My goal when debating/arguing, is not to convince my opponent. It's to convince anyone who may be reading, aka the audience. I will respond to them to further my position and improve my chances of convincing anyone else who may be reading. So it really does not matter to me if I convince them or not.

I don't post much anymore because I found I had better things to do with my time than argue with people who have no desire to be open to world views different than their own. But I still lurk a lot and while I don't always agree with you, your posts are normally well thought out, constructive, and eloquent. So kudos.

@HarmlessSyan said in Tradable overpriced SG cosmetics is a higher priority than months of gutted content?:

it is SEGA choosing to not adding it in the game just like SEGA choose to use EP6 skill trees and combat adjustments [snip] That whole top row of "free" skills did not exist till EP5 so most people had to slot things like Air Reversal, Step Jump, Step JA combo. Only class that had double jump was JB Bouncers and there was no first hit JA skill (maybe the tech one was there but definitely not for PAs or normal attacks).

SEGA is using the EP6 combat changes and rings are a integral part of combat

Only partially. I don't believe any of the new skills classes got in the middle of Episode 5 are in Global at the moment. It feels like they've mostly taken the latest JP balance adjustments for Global to avoid leaving us stuck with some of the less fun old metas for months, which for gameplay variety seems like a much better thing to accelerate.

@Miraglyth The new class skills in that page is specifically for level 85+, you cant even get them under 85. I'm talking about that row of skills on the very top

st.png

All those skills in the yellow box, were mostly L-rings that were removed from the game - these skills did not exist in EP4 JP, you had to use rings to gain those abilities. And yes global took all the combat adjustments to Ep6 - all the increased potency and animation speeds of PAs, time buffers for you to stay airborne without losing altitude.

Right. But most of those skills were quality of life or playstyle changes they happened to add at the same time as level 85 (I understand as part of an ongoing response to people being upset at Hero focus) so it made sense to market them as shiny new level 85 perks.

They could have reduced or removed the level requirement for them and accelerated them too, but they chose not to. This suggests they do want to keep things that aren't simple self-contained tweaks largely as they were in JP, which depending on your beliefs of whether units eating rings is self-contained could also explain the mindset with not accelerating those too.

@Miraglyth said in Tradable overpriced SG cosmetics is a higher priority than months of gutted content?:

but they chose not to.

And that's what I'm getting at. They are picking and choosing things from future episodes to implement right now while not maintaining proper communication. Half of these threads on missing content wouldn't exist if they can communicate when they are coming or is it going to end up like crafting being 2 episodes late and only partially working without the swap/recycle shop.

Hero broke the class balance and was forced to stay in the lv80 kiddie pool while all other classes got massive buffs and went to 85 (global have all the buffs right now minus the level85 skill). I think it wasn't until lv90 cap Hero was allowed back in same level cap.

@HarmlessSyan said in Tradable overpriced SG cosmetics is a higher priority than months of gutted content?:

And that's what I'm getting at. They are picking and choosing things from future episodes to implement right now while not maintaining proper communication. Half of these threads on missing content wouldn't exist if they can communicate when they are coming or is it going to end up like crafting being 2 episodes late and only partially working without the swap/recycle shop.

I still don't think adding future balance adjustments early and not adding progression early can be equated like that though.

Yes crafting late was a weird one and they maybe could have communicated that one earlier than they did, but they did communicate it in mid-June which was like 7 weeks before we got it.

If they had to tell us every update everything they weren't accelerating, that'd end up being a huge list, you know? Wouldn't it just be easier as players to assume we're getting things in line with when JP got them? That way we might end up pleasantly surprised if something does arrive early. Or at the very least not so upset as to start calling everyone rude names on a forum.

@Miraglyth said in Tradable overpriced SG cosmetics is a higher priority than months of gutted content?:

If they had to tell us every update everything they weren't accelerating, that'd end up being a huge list, you know? Wouldn't it just be easier as players to assume we're getting things in line with when JP got them? That way we might end up pleasantly surprised if something does arrive early. Or at the very least not so upset as to start calling everyone rude names on a forum.

No, but at least give a road map of EP4 stuff. Since, EP5 is end of Q3, so next month? I think people would like to know things like in the other thread asking when they can be expecting the new extreme to get the materials for the effort rings. and also whether expert matching is coming and if they will keep the conditions the same as JP even though it is insanely easier to get 13 star weapon +35 and full set of 12 star units compared to JP at the same point.

Something like http://pso2.jp/players/update/20200805/?bg=s_26534 where all changes are basically announced with like a 2 week prior notice - with details on such changes so no surprises.

@HarmlessSyan Just wanted to jump in and say well put on the current issue of communication. This would also stop the need for the "So what did they sneak in after last maintenance?" that has occurred since at least PC launched.

Man, I'm getting my car inspected and just read through all 8 pages. Luna's prob the MVP of this thread but some good points made on both sides. I kinda like the point raingyu made about people only complain about what we don't have because JP exists. So if we didn't know, we couldn't really complain. The only issue is JP does exist, and while we are getting 8 years of content in a little over a year, we have an idea of the systems we should have at this point. BUT about what someone here said about not introducing new systems because we just got the steam release and a flood of new and returning players. That's probably at least 80-90% of the reason. SG scratch was also predatory af, should have been released on ep4 launch or 2 weeks after.

And PSA from unranked to legend in PvP you get 1000 SG in titles and 100 SG a week from the shop

The lack of communication this version of the game has gotten is gross. You really can't look forward or plan anything until maybe the week or sometimes the day the content is out. It's oddly slow, the lack of a end goal also is an issue with the major power creep we have.

We didn't get the battle ship EQ yet, because reasons. But yet, we also got no notification of that being a thing. It's a good thing some can datamine, but they don't want that happening either, they'd rather surprise the players.

There really was no reason to hold back crafting, when we already had most of EP4's QoL updates. We still got subpar weapon descriptions, items missing text for their names. But they WILL make sure SG stuff isn't tradable, because they would benefit the players, and that's not okay.

Still can't stand how much they wanna lock away content behind SG's I stopped using them outside of Mission Pass Gold.

Our Client is basically on EP6, it's just missing content, so it's expected the skill tree would resemble that, outside of stuff that's behind levels we can't reach yet.

It's nice we got PSO2 in english, but this is not that different from what we had to deal with, from PSU. Just leaves a 😕 when you think about it.

@Hanakotoba said in Tradable overpriced SG cosmetics is a higher priority than months of gutted content?:

The lack of communication this version of the game has gotten is gross. You really can't look forward or plan anything until maybe the week or sometimes the day the content is out. It's oddly slow, the lack of a end goal also is an issue with the major power creep we have.

We didn't get the battle ship EQ yet, because reasons. But yet, we also got no notification of that being a thing. It's a good thing some can datamine, but they don't want that happening either, they'd rather surprise the players.

There really was no reason to hold back crafting, when we already had most of EP4's QoL updates. We still got subpar weapon descriptions, items missing text for their names. But they WILL make sure SG stuff isn't tradable, because they would benefit the players, and that's not okay.

Still can't stand how much they wanna lock away content behind SG's I stopped using them outside of Mission Pass Gold.

Our Client is basically on EP6, it's just missing content, so it's expected the skill tree would resemble that, outside of stuff that's behind levels we can't reach yet.

It's nice we got PSO2 in english, but this is not that different from what we had to deal with, from PSU. Just leaves a 😕 when you think about it.

We're getting all the content over time. Nothing hard to understand. We got a roadmap for the most part. We get some things early and others late. Boo hoo princess you can't plan how you want to. The goal is catching up to the Japanese as soon as possible but also in a timely manner.

We got a bare roadmap, it says nothing about Yamato UQ date, or any actual date. I'm sorry, I guess I was just spoiled by the group that knows how to handle their own game properly.

But we do love surprise another AC scratch. Can we not know about them a week or something beforehand?

Why do our patch notes have to be garbage? Are they still not going to fix the bugs? We got no confirmation on that, other than "We'll pass it along to the dev team" That's just lol bad.

It's catching up, but it's a jank asf experience. It's not really fun, we are just going through the motions.

I really don’t know how to excess half the stuff they have introduced. Let’s not talk about crafting and Bonus maps! How do you get in them? I am new to Pso2 never play the JP version so from the get go I have been at a disadvantage. Half my guild has come and gone because they have already played the JP version and see the game as a repeat of what has already been done. Some players can’t deal with regurgitate content. But I am hungry for it. So when people start talking about JP and why it doesn’t taste the same I don’t care because I am hungry 😋 so get out the way!

@RainGnyu said in Tradable overpriced SG cosmetics is a higher priority than months of gutted content?:

I really don’t know how to excess half the stuff they have introduced. Let’s not talk about crafting and Bonus maps! How do you get in them? I am new to Pso2 never play the JP version so from the get go I have been at a disadvantage. Half my guild has come and gone because they have already played the JP version and see the game as a repeat of what has already been done. Some players can’t deal with regurgitate content. But I am hungry for it. So when people start talking about JP and why it doesn’t taste the same I don’t care because I am hungry 😋 so get out the way!

Bonus quests are under main quests. Crafting is done in your private quarters via the room console, next to the door.

The issue in this thread however is more about how monetizable updates and bug fixes are prioritized over other features and bug fixes, to the point where we get monetizable features, such as the SG Scratch, ahead of time while others, like crafting, got pushed back. There is also a communication issue with the devs where we get left in the dark a lot.

Something like http://pso2.jp/players/update/20200805/?bg=s_26534 where all changes are basically announced with like a 2 week prior notice - with details on such changes so no surprises.

Yep, on this point I agree. Update notes in advance would be nice, just like knowing what the last Tuesday of the fortnightly Urgent Quest schedule contains since we only get to find out when the next schedule is published after it is already over.

I still wonder if they've become shy about declaring update content in advance in case they have to pull it at the last minute (maybe finding some issues during maintenance) and cause upset that wouldn't have existed if they kept saying nothing.

@Tri-Edge said in Tradable overpriced SG cosmetics is a higher priority than months of gutted content?:

So if we didn't know, we couldn't really complain.

In the case of units eating rings, it's more that we know JP got it in mid-Episode 4 rather than on day one, and some of us are deciding to complain anyway.

@Hanakotoba said in Tradable overpriced SG cosmetics is a higher priority than months of gutted content?:

We didn't get the battle ship EQ yet, because reasons. But yet, we also got no notification of that being a thing.

Case in point. The name this was given by English speakers on JP was Unleashed Prestige; it was added on the 11 May 2016 update, 3 and a half months after Episode 4 began.

JP didn't have the Yamato UQ when Episode 4 began. That is the reason: They've been sequencing the launch of UQs on Global to match the story. During Episode 3 we got Manifested Planetbreaker first, then Barren Blossom, and lastly Mining Base: Ending.

To only reason we had and have to expect that to change is the knowledge of the Episode 4 story UQs and the likely four cycles between Episode 4 and Episode 5 launches. I've heard there are three Episode 4 story UQs, so perhaps we can assume we'll get one each in the next three maintenances.