Cannot find PSO2 on Steam =_=

I heard we could play PSO2 on Steam since 8/5, but cannot find on my account. Is there any regions banned or something?

Quite a lot actually (especially for a promoted global game). I don;t know where you from but it it doesn't show on steam pretty sure your region is blocked.

The game is restricted to the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Great Britain, United States

However, Puerto Rico is not counted as part of the USA on Steam.

Also, just an FYI, Gloval does NOT mean everywhere. It just means multiple different countries from both hemispheres.

I know but my comment still stands, if you can list the allowed countries on 3 lines on a forum, taken from a possible pool as big as both hemispheres my point still stands: there is an awful lot of region blocking for a global service.

And it's not like we have local services for the same game over here.

Honestly don't know why they region lock some places but not others, but general reasons that I know of include: copyright law variations from country to country sometimes conflict, the scratch tickets in some countries are actually considered an illegal form of gambling and are not permitted, isp issues with the internet from that country not being able to connect or being restricted itself by the countries own laws, possibly currency exchange issues even for the in-game purchases, etc. Those are the big factors I know of that contribute to such things. Other than that, couldn't tell ya. But it's similar to blu-rays that are also region locked. Can't take a blu-ray disc from the US and expect it to work in a blu-ray player in India as an example. Is it a great system? no, but it's what we're stuck with unfortunately, and I do feel bad for those players that do get locked out of a good game. I know there's sometimes ways to work around it, but those options are also semi-limited as well for various reasons.

No doubt there is a reason behind the current situation otherwise it wouldn't have come to this, but that really is just a second thought for me. What bothers me the most is the lack of transparancy we get from the servers operators side. There are a lot of people that are exited about a game, which is region blocked for some reason. I don't care what reason. What I care for is some feedback from the server operators considering the future. However we recieve a grand total of 0 feedback from the server operators.

IF they say right now: because of law reason we can't accept any other regions so be it, atleast we have a clear answer to that. On the other hand they can say that they need more time to work on acces for other counties. It doesn't have to be very concrete info, it would just be very nice to know something of what is going on on their side. It would be very nice to know if i can stop hoping to see a great game, part of a series I love since the gamacube release (that was my first contact with PSO series) finally in english.

It is just like staring at a blind wall, expecting to get to what is behind it, not knowing if you ever get to the other side. And that is what I hate most about the current situation. It's not that hard for anyone to put an announcement on the website concerning the region locks, especially after the amount of unrest about it on the forum atm. Even if you ask directly by ticket you merely get the default answer: we are not allowed to release information about future feature of the server...

@Ragnawind said in Cannot find PSO2 on Steam =_=:

and Quebec is not counted as part of Canada on Steam

The hell you on about? It is. Don't say stuff out of your ass.