msvcp140.dll missing

So, my friend downloaded the game over Steam, and whenever she tries to start it it claims that msvcp140.dll is missing. However, she's already downloaded the file, and tried putting it both in the game folder, and just normally on her pc. The game just won't detect it. Reinstalling it fixes nothing. Can anyone help out?

Im having the same Issues. I've tried so many things myself and have yet to fix it for the last 2 day.

Apparently, there is an executable in the game folder to install the necessary files in the necessary places. Someone else had the same problem and it was fixed by doing that.

@Ragnawind Which.. executable would that be?

I had the same issue a few minutes ago, but now resolved. PSO2 needs Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 file to run the software correctly. Downloading msvcp140.dll file and manually placing it into the folder will not work.

The software relies on several files, so you are better off installing the files using the official link from Microsoft website. Here's the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

@glyst81 said in msvcp140.dll missing:

I had the same issue a few minutes ago, but now resolved. PSO2 needs Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 file to run the software correctly. Downloading msvcp140.dll file and manually placing it into the folder will not work.

The software relies on several files, so you are better off installing the files using the official link from Microsoft website. Here's the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Or, even simpler, go to your Steam folder, then steamapps, then common, then Steamworks Shared, then _CommonRedist, followed by vcredist. That folder should have all of the Visual C++ runtimes for all the games you ever downloaded from Steam, so you shouldn't have to redownload them again from MS.

@glyst81 Thank you! This resolved my issue 🙂

Thank YOU (both ^^ ) SoooooooO much! OMG. My SSD went splat and I had to clean install on a new drive. This issue popped up. No problems previous time I installed (08/05)... and of course, thank you Original Poster.