Slicers

@PrinceBrightstar said in Slicers:

Not sure where your JP friend got their information, I've been on JP and know there's a slicer equivalent coming for a scion class when released. It might not be named slicer though and function even more differently than the PSU slicer did which might be where the confusion came from.

I would accept this if they gave us literally ANY slicer from a previous game in the form of a talis to reinforce this; I was actually looking forward to that when hero was first shown off, but they just haven't given us anything as far as I can tell

for the record; I think the only other weapon types that haven't gotten a representative in pso2 are like, PSU-exclusive shotguns (spread needle was a shotgun in PSU, but none of PSU's original shotgun designs have made it over into pso2 (slug shotguns would make for a passable rifle imo)), and PSNova's Piles and Halos, but those are kinda probably in their own limbo due to technically being in PSNova I guess.

I suppose this could technically mean they might had initially been saving Slicers and Shotguns for something but I doubt we'll hear anything about it now

This post is deleted!

@NextTime000 said in Slicers:

ive seen every other weapon type from every previous PS game getting representation in pso2 (with the exception of PSNova's Halos and Piles, but that came out later)

You forgot shields from PSP2 (sort of replaced with weapon actions and arm units except kind of not really), claws and twin claws (both of which seem to have been replaced with wired lances), handguns (replaced with rifles?), shotguns (spread needle was one in PSU and the PSP games, how could you forget these?), crossbows, whips (full victims of the 2h weapon exclusivity of PSO2, not at all represented in the game and probably never will be and no Amore Rose doesn't count, it was a card (and I do mean card, not C.A.R.D.) in PSO), the wired lances are as close as it gets and even that's kind of a stretch as save for gigas spinner, which is a morning star, not a whip (I mean Rem's morning star is also a wired lance) and Ouroboros which is a chain sword, technically also not a whip, none of the rarer whips are wired lances), axes (made into swords for some reason but at the very least still better represented than most of these), laser cannons (merged back into launchers?), cards (merged into talis) and Tech-Mags.

@Mattwo7 said in Slicers:

You forgot shields from PSP2 (sort of replaced with weapon actions and arm units except kind of not really), claws and twin claws (both of which seem to have been replaced with wired lances), handguns (replaced with rifles?), shotguns (spread needle was one in PSU and the PSP games, how could you forget these?), crossbows, whips (full victims of the 2h weapon exclusivity of PSO2, not at all represented in the game and probably never will be and no Amore Rose doesn't count, it was a card (and I do mean card, not C.A.R.D.) in PSO), the wired lances are as close as it gets and even that's kind of a stretch as save for gigas spinner, which is a morning star, not a whip (I mean Rem's morning star is also a wired lance) and Ouroboros which is a chain sword, technically also not a whip, none of the rarer whips are wired lances), axes (made into swords for some reason but at the very least still better represented than most of these), laser cannons (merged back into launchers?), cards (merged into talis) and Tech-Mags.

Shields have Kasami no Tachi being literally "Kasami Bracer with a sword", DB's Shield was incorperated into the DB's Saber camo, and technically a few accessories though stuff like the Ragol memory exchange. maybe a few more

Crossbows have at least Queen Viera as a gunblade, though again I'm not sure we have it on global since I only ever remember that one being an Old-Type grind weapon.

Handguns got absorbed by twin machine guns for the most part.

Shotguns: I literally say "PSU-exclusive shotguns (spread needle was a shotgun in PSU, but none of PSU's original shotgun designs have made it over into pso2)" in the post you quoted from me, meanwhile PSO1 shotguns got brought in as launchers at least.

Everything else you bring up you've already forgotten the point I was making about slicers not even having a single slicer model recycled as a different weapon type. While I would want slicers in as their own weapon type, I can't help but notice their total utter absence from pso2, like they were planning on them being their own thing, and still are planning on them or something.

I'm bumping this thread because PSNova's Halo weapon is getting added as a Talis on the jp server soon; so that's another weapon type from another game I can cross off the list while staring longingly at my framed photo of a disca of liberator. They'll probably add the PSNova Pile Bunker in as a launcher at some point; there's already a pile bunker launcher, just not specifically the one from psnova.

slicers in ps0 were tech-scaling weapons, psu-shotguns are still MIA, braver's weapons act sorta like a hunter weapon and a ranger weapon, bouncer's weapons act like a fighter weapon and a techter weapon, so all I'm sayin is we're still missing a not-force and not-gunner weapon-using class...

@NextTime000 said in Slicers:

ive seen every other weapon type from every previous PS game getting representation in pso2

The Nei Claw / Nacht beta reward weapon camo really doesn't count as representation of claws, literally the second weapon type to be introduced to the entire series, used by multiple of the series' most popular characters, and which have been a weapon type in more Phantasy Star games than most weapons in PSO2 possibly only excepting swords, daggers, rifles and rods.

@Miraglyth said in Slicers:

The Nei Claw / Nacht beta reward weapon camo really doesn't count as representation of claws, literally the second weapon type to be introduced to the entire series, used by multiple of the series' most popular characters, and which have been a weapon type in more Phantasy Star games than most weapons in PSO2 possibly only excepting swords, daggers, rifles and rods.

again, point of the thread is that I haven't seen a single 3d model of a slicer in phantasy star online 2 yet. I have seen 3d models of basically everything else (except for shotguns from PSU that were not a rifle from a previous game) and I think that's weird.