Slicers

that's it that's the suggestion

ive seen every other weapon type from every previous PS game getting representation in pso2 (with the exception of PSNova's Halos and Piles, but that came out later) except there isn't a single slicer anywhere as far as I can tell; and its been bothering me to no end these last 8 years.

For the uninitiated, the "Slicer," is a blade weapon that can be thrown / used as a ranged weapon: https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/Slicers

Two words: Rainbow. Baton.

..or just say "boomerang". but yea its annoying that such a phantasy star staple is missing.

Yes I support this, I want another Modizzy J cutter like I had in pso I used it on my fomar it had the SA to use your TP to do 3x the damage per hit, DaRoLe would explode in one hit on ultimate

realtalk at this point I don't even care if they just make a slicer into a talis camo; just the fact there hasn't been a single dang slicer model used in pso2 for ANYTHING its like what the heck

@NextTime000 said in Slicers:

realtalk at this point I don't even care if they just make a slicer into a talis camo; just the fact there hasn't been a single dang slicer model used in pso2 for ANYTHING its like what the heck

naah that isnt really acceptable (NEVER give developers ideas about how to cut corners). just like the pathetic "mags" they added to PSU werent acceptable. do it and do it right, it would only make perfect sense for classes like braver to use them.

if flying blades had actually let models change what the blades you throw out with weapon action look like, even that would have been passable. even psu's crossbows have gotten more representation here.

hey yeah so will we at least see slicers in some form in ngs then

Yeah, NGS seems more likely to have new weapons instead of PSO2, considering the fact that the game has only been getting Scion classes since episode 5, which just use old weapons in new ways.

@SaviorZero82 said in Slicers:

Yes I support this, I want another Modizzy J cutter like I had in pso I used it on my fomar it had the SA to use your TP to do 3x the damage per hit, DaRoLe would explode in one hit on ultimate

@MEGAF1UX said in Slicers:

@NextTime000 said in Slicers:

naah that isnt really acceptable (NEVER give developers ideas about how to cut corners). just like the pathetic "mags" they added to PSU werent acceptable. do it and do it right, it would only make perfect sense for classes like braver to use them.

no idea for sure. but i think this may have been part of the issue. Slicer was a weapon that could be used by all classes in PSOep1&2. instead i get the impression everyone would get mad that "their class" has to miss out on using a decent Slicer.

i had chars of all classes, but mained FOmar myself as it had the largest selection of Weps to use as a Force. While my primary wep was a Talis (actual name of a 'card weapon') i used anything i could get my hands on in offline mode >.<

and from what i can remember about Slicer was that they were super fun, but often not very good. AND often had high stat equip requirements for what they actually did. & was pretty sure the equip requirements varied from Slicer to Slicer. Some being Melee based to equip, while others Range or Mind (tech).

or was that not the case? (was it Dex based? i had Sita so could equip almost any "universal" wep)

my friends who played Ranger could take a break with the Slicer. or even my friends who'd play as Hunter, they could also enjoy some Slicer action.

i was reminded that Slicer was not even in JP client by a friend from PSO2.

So I'm here to +1 this thread, as i said that i would, if ever finding mention of Slicer on forums.

Not sure where your JP friend got their information, I've been on JP and know there's a slicer equivalent coming for a scion class when released. It might not be named slicer though and function even more differently than the PSU slicer did which might be where the confusion came from.

I don't think I'd count Hero talises as slicers personally. If they did pull the shortcut and make some classic slicers into camos I'd be willing to pretend though.