What is this (BUFF)?

20200806_033620.png I'm not completely sure when it happened or why but I have some speculations, I'm assuming its ether an ally skill or some argumentation on the weapon or unit of some sort, but when I receive this buff it brings my health up tremendously, with my current class level and skill I'm at 600+hp but after this buff I have 1000+hp, I'm sure its something simple but all the information helps

That is the indication that you have used a Drink.

@AndrlCh I used a drink? Yeah I do that but my drink only puts me at 800+hp, do they stack or some sort

@Why-darling All that icon indicates is that you have used a drink, regardless of which kind it is. Assuming you are using a Guts Drink (or whatever it is called on the NA server/the one that gives extra HP) , and are getting the Large effect (either from EX or Premium), then the HP increase you have seems to be close, since the Large effect gives you 1.5x HP.

@AndrlCh thank for informing me on something I should have learned my self, I appreciate the help

@AndrlCh said in What is this (BUFF)?:

@Why-darling All that icon indicates is that you have used a drink, regardless of which kind it is. Assuming you are using a Guts Drink (or whatever it is called on the NA server/the one that gives extra HP) , and are getting the Large effect (either from EX or Premium), then the HP increase you have seems to be close, since the Large effect gives you 1.5x HP.

Innacurate, I use the attack/Shifta drink large, so the Guts drink isn't the only reason their health can gain a temporary buff. I notice this happening a lot during UQ's at the teleport pad, right after someone uses their buff techniques. It's usually an attack buff, followed by a defense buff, and then some third buff that I don't recognize, and then the same person casting all three, will often heal by using Resta, as to bring everyone's health up to their current maximum.

My health is usually 1030/1045 depending on my equipped weapon, but after a player uses their skills, as I mentioned before, my health jumps to 1330/1345. I gain exactly 300 points each time. To this day, I still don't know what they are casting. But I know for a fact the Guts drink isn't the only way to have your health enormously buffed. And yes, a second of those icons appears until the buff drops off. It lasts about five minutes or so, give or take a few.

The Techter class has a skill which will increase your max HP whenever they use Deband. Perhaps this is what you’re seeing? Especially since you said you notice it whenever buffs go up?

@MikeOnPSO2 Thanks, that clarified that for me quite well. Still odd that it adds another of the same icon type that drinks do, temporarily while it's active. Oh well, at least I know what that is now.

As far as I’m aware it doesn’t add a separate icon, the HP+ effect will appear and disappear with the Deband buff if I recall

@MikeOnPSO2 Maybe it's a bug on my UI. I throw up a few class related buffs of my own, as well as a Tri-Boost and Alliance Boost. The number of icons almost exceeds the status bar length for a time. Either way, thanks for the info.