What did Japanese players (and now we) do to deserve Battle Arena?

This may honestly be the least fun I've had in a long time playing a PvP mode, and that's saying something. It's awkward, unbalanced, grindy and honestly barely playable. The fact it gives out this much SG feels like it should be breaking Geneva conventions. I haven't bothered playing it on JP out of worry for lag, but now that I've spent the whole night just barely grinding out 3k BCs, I don't really feel surprised this mode is dead on JP. I really hope this isn't the remade version it was getting, otherwise that might be pretty funny.

Wait... there is PVP?

@Clain Yeah, and you can do it to earn points to get Star Gems in the shopping plaza, as well as some outfits.

@RedBloodKrieg I'm going to try it myself. The concept itself doesn't seem bad, I'd say if anything the execution, based on your description, needs a little work.

Its an after thought Just like bit was in PSOBB.

Idk, I expected it to be absolutely garbage but there's something about it that I absolutely love. It's really fun to me, I feel like TTK and stunlocking shouldn't be as bad but that's about it. I also wish I could party with friends

Sounds like fun!

@Anarchy-Marine The execution is basically that half the weapons will instakill/stunlock you and the others are basically useless. Sword and partizan have wonky hitboxes that instakill you. Even if they don't instakill you, they'll knock you down with 20 HP, at which point you get two people swiping at you as you slowly get up. The talis gets solid range, extremely good damage and fucking ridiculous AoE. You basically get one second to leave a ridiculously large AoE (nearly impossible if it's cast right at you) that lasts for ages, otherwise you just die. SB does huge damage just dashing at people, and instakills with the PA. Compare this with something like the TMGs, which are about as effective as throwing rocks, or the bow, which does instakill, but it takes maybe four seconds of complete downtime to do so. I know JP was gonna be getting a remake/rebalance of the mode, and I really hope this isn't it, otherwise this is honestly kind of pathetic.

That just means you suck.

It's not that good, sadly. The abilities you are given before match start range from mildly useful to downright detrimental. The weapons in the match run on about the same scale. It's Challenge mode here you fight other players instead of mobs, with even more restrictions. The idea of it all sounds good on paper for a balanced PvP game, but the execution is wildly inconsistent. The game doesn't have the best of syncing in PvE already, but that's not an issue since you're often only really interested in you and the server being on the same page. It's much different when you're playing hitbox guessing games against other people.

Is it servicable? Sure. I don't find it expressly hard to do and a lot of people playing it don't know what they're doing and are just in it for the SG, so it's easy to rack up kills with a little bit of smart play. But, it's about as fun as Warframe's Enclave. The combat here just isn't deep or designed enough for it, and being good or bad at it comes less down to anything involved with the actual gameplay, and more just playing slightly smarter than the other guy.

I don't imagine it'll stay active beyond the novelty of it once people realize how much effort it's going to take weekly for some of them to get the coins for SG, but it'll likely still have a small niche community at least. Moreso than Challenge mode, since you actually have some worthwhile rewards from this.

Just be glad you can't hear the enemy team talk.

@Reilet Okay? I hope you don't pride yourself in being good at going unga bunga instakilling, because I'd honestly feel sorry for you if you do.

@MisterJaySnek said in What did Japanese players (and now we) do to deserve Battle Arena?:

Just be glad you can't hear the enemy team talk.

Do they, though? Because up to this point, I think I've only seen a single match where someone actively talked, and it was to report me.

@RedBloodKrieg

Nope. Quite literally you just suck. It's been one day. ONE DAY. If you expect to become pro and know everything about PVP in ONE DAY... I have no words.

@Reilet said in What did Japanese players (and now we) do to deserve Battle Arena?:

@RedBloodKrieg

Nope. Quite literally you just suck. It's been one day. ONE DAY. If you expect to become pro and know everything about PVP in ONE DAY... I have no words.

@Reilet said in What did Japanese players (and now we) do to deserve Battle Arena?:

become pro

pro

Please tell me you're joking. You have to be delusional to treat it this seriously. Saying you're a pro at an unbalanced mode where you oneshot everything is like saying you're a pro at RAID: Shadow Legends, or League of Angels. A bit of difference, yes, but essentially the same amount of legitimacy.

Just tried the mode out, honestly.... was super fun. I can see some issues, sometimes I was hit when I wasn't really close to the enemy at all, also the stuns man... the stuns.

I also suck at it a lot, sorry to all my teammates and future ones lol. But I really like the mode even with issues it has.