Problem with CM Storm Keyboard

I have an old Devastator CM Storm keyboard.

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/peripheral/keyboards/devastator/

The backlight is toggled with Scroll Lock, with the backlight on while scroll lock is active. Unfortunately, PSO2 seems hard coded to do some direct chat interface with Scroll Lock. Or at least I didn't find an option to change the keybinding in settings. And I can't read the keyboard when the backlight is off. Seems I can't play keyboard+mouse as I am stuck in the direct chat interface via Scroll Lock. 😝

Not to be forwardly rude -- but please spare me comments like "buy a new keyboard" 🙄. I've been gaming for decades, and this is the first and only time that Scroll Lock has been an issue. And no, I am not opening my keyboard to do a hardware hack.

Edit: Gamepad seems to be working, and it isn't terrible, either. Still, even though this is a niche case, it would be good if there was some workaround for keyboards like mine.

I have the same problem, my keyboard is from exbom, and only to play with the light off because it activates the scroll lock, right when you open the game it already erases the keyboard, if you have access, it seems that it disables the scroll lock, but even leaving it disabled you cannot activate the keyboard leds!

hey man, I figured out how to solve this problem, when scroll lock is pressed, a direct chat message appears, then I looked in the options and found it!

you go to options> game settings> chat settings and disable toogle direct chat key!

now you can play with the scroll lock activated and the leds on! : D

answer there is resolved!

This post is deleted!

@xX-Caldeirao-Xx said in Problem with CM Storm Keyboard:

hey man, I figured out how to solve this problem, when scroll lock is pressed, a direct chat message appears, then I looked in the options and found it!

you go to options> game settings> chat settings and disable toogle direct chat key!

now you can play with the scroll lock activated and the leds on! : D

answer there is resolved!

I also had to disable direct chat altogether to be able to play keyboard+mouse. But otherwise, this is the trick. Thank you for finding that.