PSO2 only for North America?

Question to technical support. Will OBT and the full release also be available only to players from North America or will it be possible to play from any region?

I would like clarification on this matter as well. I know in CBT I had no issue playing but if that will change in OBT and Full release I don't want to get my hopes up for playing with my western friends.

It has already been known for awhile that the game is not region-locked and they have no plans to region-lock. However, you will still need a North American Microsoft Account to download the game on Xbox or Windows 10 Store when that version releases.

In regards to your ability to play in CBT, OBT and on should be same. There is no region lock, though the JP and NA servers are distinct from each other.

@GM-Deynger said in PSO2 only for North America?:

In regards to your ability to play in CBT, OBT and on should be same. There is no region lock, though the JP and NA servers are distinct from each other.

What about payments, "NA release" isn't gonna pull a JP PSO2 is it? As in if only NA/Canada residents are able to directly buy AC etc, like how JP PSO2 is only setup to allow/facilitate Japan residents to spend money.

I'd like to hope no chance it being like that, but will ask anyway. >.>

Unfortunately that I don't know yet.

@RocKiee-Kyrosu said in PSO2 only for North America?:

@GM-Deynger said in PSO2 only for North America?:

What about payments, "NA release" isn't gonna pull a JP PSO2 is it? As in if only NA/Canada residents are able to directly buy AC etc, like how JP PSO2 is only setup to allow/facilitate Japan residents to spend money.

I'd like to hope no chance it being like that, but will ask anyway. >.>

Not likely going to be an issue. You will probably buy the AC through your account on XBL/Microsoft Store. So you can buy the AC using your regional currency.

@Ragnawind , not even a North American account. Unlike Nintendo or Sony, the MS Store region you access is not based on your account region but your Console / PC's region and even then you only need this to download the initial game.

The only time the NA-exclusivity might affect us outside of North America is the supposed Steam version as sometimes NA-exclusive games can only be accessed if your Store Region is set to NA which can only be done a few times (I think it was once a year) and requires you be physically present in the region you are changing to (or use a VPN but... thats against Valve's ToS and can get your account banned). If that ends up happening (equal chances yes, equal chances no), players outside of NA would be better safe getting the game through the MS Store.

@The-Question said in PSO2 only for North America?:

Not likely going to be an issue. You will probably buy the AC through your account on XBL/Microsoft Store. So you can buy the AC using your regional currency.

Except you need to give a US billing address, in order to purchase things on US Store?

Forget PC potentially not coming for a while, the issue of people outside NA being second class players like all foreigners* are on JP PSO2(in can't legally buy anything sense) - at least personally dwarfs PC potentially not coming same time... Sure still good thing even would be getting English region release, though it would be a constant thorn in side. (especially since "foreigners" seem to be more welcome on this release)

This is basically why I asked that question and now realising may not actually be such a low chance, that could be a reality... though also trying to have hope Microsoft/Sega etc did actually do everything could, for this to not be a thing... Since yeah, kinda obvious are plenty people outside NA who are going/want to play PSO2 "NA release".

Though if I'm forgetting or missing something, that makes this not a potential issue(if purchases are done through US XBL/MS store) - welcome to tell me...

Kinda late in coming to this realisation... but guess not long till find out...

(*and of course when say foreigners in post, really just mean people who aren't a resident etc of said countries >.>)

Yes that's my major concern, at least the japanese server has the mobile companion game pso2es and google doesn't give a s*** if it's a japanese game, you buy AC there directly with your credit card.

The best bet for anyone outside NA is to change the region in Xbox Settings on your console to NA and 'hopefully' the option to download the game should come up (as it did with the CBT). You might have to pay exchange fees for buying in $, but I doubt there will be an issue in playing the game.