Leveling Guide for PSO2

Hey folks, I put together a Complete Leveling guide for PSO2 in 2020.

PSO2-LevelGuide.png

This guide covers:

• EXP Tickets
  • EXP Boosts & Triboosts
  • Alliance EXP Boosts with Photon Tree
  • Best Quests for leveling

Hope this helps! This will help you get ready for when the Open Beta or full release drops. That way, you have all the information ready to go, so that you can hit the ground running and level!

BIG HUGE NOTE: Just a heads up regarding the new NA version. This video is accurate for the JP version. However, the NA version some things will be different.

• JP is Episode 6, NA is Episode 3, so some content will not be available.
  • Featured Quests are now called Recommended Quests. World Engulfed in Shadow and the Castle quests are not in Episode 3.
  • Bonus Quests are not in NA yet.
  • Buster Quests are also not available, as they came in Episode 5.

@AnamanaAU Great video and covered all the relevant information to leveling and progressing. Do you mind if I share this with my Alliance server?

In the current version of PSO2JP (Since you're using JP Footage) a party of three (Two AI Partners as an example) will give you a +20% Tri-boost. At least when using one player AI partner:

alt text

The four featured quests will rotate every day, sometimes all four slots will have a +100% EXP Bonus, which stacks with the fourth slot's 200% (Giving a +300% Bonus for the fourth slot.) You also didn't go over a level-up type featured quest that's 2000 quest points, which is basically an exploration mode for a single area that has you run around in loops getting lots of emergency codes.

Also, doing the Episode 1-3 content will yield some unique PCs that can be used as AI Partners. (But keep in mind, after you beat the "Final Boss" of Episode 3, its post-story quests begin, and some of them have level 80 enemies.) All of the Story content are "Solo" Missions, even though some of it is meant for parties. (Choosing Summoner probably is one of the easiest to solo them on. Since enemies/bosses will go after your pets.)

You should have also mentioned that Player AI Partners do not go past their player's max level for the classes they are currently using. So if a player doesn't have Bouncer past 50, and you do a level 55+ quest, their level is still going to be 50. NPC AI Partners however will always be at your level when you invite them to your party.

@The-Question said in Leveling Guide for PSO2:

@AnamanaAU Great video and covered all the relevant information to leveling and progressing. Do you mind if I share this with my Alliance server?

Absolutely! Thanks for the feedback!

@coldreactive said in Leveling Guide for PSO2:

In the current version of PSO2JP (Since you're using JP Footage) a party of three (Two AI Partners as an example) will give you a +20% Tri-boost. At least when using one player AI partner:

alt text

The four featured quests will rotate every day, sometimes all four slots will have a +100% EXP Bonus, which stacks with the fourth slot's 200% (Giving a +300% Bonus for the fourth slot.) You also didn't go over a level-up type featured quest that's 2000 quest points, which is basically an exploration mode for a single area that has you run around in loops getting lots of emergency codes.

Also, doing the Episode 1-3 content will yield some unique PCs that can be used as AI Partners. (But keep in mind, after you beat the "Final Boss" of Episode 3, its post-story quests begin, and some of them have level 80 enemies.) All of the Story content are "Solo" Missions, even though some of it is meant for parties. (Choosing Summoner probably is one of the easiest to solo them on. Since enemies/bosses will go after your pets.)

You should have also mentioned that Player AI Partners do not go past their player's max level for the classes they are currently using. So if a player doesn't have Bouncer past 50, and you do a level 55+ quest, their level is still going to be 50. NPC AI Partners however will always be at your level when you invite them to your party.

I wasn't covering AI partners, though. I was focusing on the basics of leveling optimization - AKA the best stuff. Too much information will overwhelm new players. They can learn that stuff later.

You also could have said that the Boosters don't count down their timer when not on a mission / quest. Meaning while in the lobby, the booster stops its timer. People expect it not to do this, since that's what other MMOs do. (IE: Other MMOs would still count down the timer.)

With your knowledge, maybe you should also be making guides?

@AnamanaAU said in Leveling Guide for PSO2:

With your knowledge, maybe you should also be making guides?

Sorry, but my voice and set-up isn't as good as yours.

There's always GameFAQs or guide blogs!

@AnamanaAU Thanks for posting this! Will definitely be keeping these points in mind going forward.

@AnamanaAU said in Leveling Guide for PSO2:

I wasn't covering AI partners, though. I was focusing on the basics of leveling optimization - AKA the best stuff. Too much information will overwhelm new players. They can learn that stuff later.

Also, once you do go over AI Partners, make sure you tell people that some quests disallow them (Some Level-Up Quests, like the Devil/Menacing Castle with waves of enemies. Not the Tower Defense one.)

It's good feedback, I want to be super tight on the topics, so it doesn't feel scattered. That way new folks have a consistent set of guides they can follow!

I'm glad people are liking this, though!

Not sure how I missed this til now! thank you!

@AnamanaAU Do you want to pay them or just assume people should use their knowledge to your benefit for free?

@Manethradon said in Leveling Guide for PSO2:

@AnamanaAU Do you want to pay them or just assume people should use their knowledge to your benefit for free?

What are you talking about?