DualShock 4 functionality?

I had read before that this game struggles with the DS4. Had hoped that the Steam release would fix that since I can use it for every other game I have there... no such luck.

Anyone with a good tip on how to get it to work? I use it via a USB bluetooth device.

Try using the DS4Windows app located here: (http://ds4windows.com) I started using this app recently when I replaced my F710 with a DualShock 4 and it’s worked great so far, full support in PSO2 (both MS and steam versions) as well as most if not all of my other games including other games on steam as well as on emulators too. Give it a try!

It's working just fine for me in Steam. Just make sure Playstation gamepad support is enabled within Steam.

Go into Steam settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings. Check "Playstation Configuration Support". You can also set preferences for rumble and the color/brightness for the gamepad's light-band (across the top).

@Arclayn said in DualShock 4 functionality?:

It's working just fine for me in Steam. Just make sure Playstation gamepad support is enabled within Steam.

Go into Steam settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings. Check "Playstation Configuration Support". You can also set preferences for rumble and the color/brightness for the gamepad's light-band (across the top).

Hmmm.

I went into Big Picture mode and can navigate using my DS4 just fine around the Steam OS, but when I go into the game... nothing. Will check out your specific settings.

@MikeOnPSO2 said in DualShock 4 functionality?:

Try using the DS4Windows app located here: (http://ds4windows.com) I started using this app recently when I replaced my F710 with a DualShock 4 and it’s worked great so far, full support in PSO2 (both MS and steam versions) as well as most if not all of my other games including other games on steam as well as on emulators too. Give it a try!

How are you connecting to your PC? Are you using a wired connection to the mini USB on the controller?

I have an official PS bluetooth USB device.

I put my own DS4 and works perfectly, the problem is that if you don't enable the configuration of controllers for dualshock on Steam it won't connect to any game and will work only with those that have standard configuration to Dualshock

If the Controller isn't working in-game, the problem is that it is not being detected as Controller Port 1. All you can try is to make sure the controller is plugged in via cable, log-out of Windows, and log back in. After this, the controller should be detected as in Port 1.

@Ragnawind said in DualShock 4 functionality?:

If the Controller isn't working in-game, the problem is that it is not being detected as Controller Port 1. All you can try is to make sure the controller is plugged in via cable, log-out of Windows, and log back in. After this, the controller should be detected as in Port 1.

Ugh. Hate plugging in the DS4. That little mini-USB connector is so finnicky its a pain to get it to stay in there. Will give it a try.

@Jamesmor said in DualShock 4 functionality?:

I put my own DS4 and works perfectly, the problem is that if you don't enable the configuration of controllers for dualshock on Steam it won't connect to any game and will work only with those that have standard configuration to Dualshock

Got it! Thanks! Its working great.

I played the tutorial mission yesterday with the mouse and keyboard and was able to use the DS4 today. Now I just need to figure out what all the buttons I learned on the keyboard are on the controller! LOL