Will my region be permanently blocked on Steam?

Hi, I'm excited for the Steam launch of PSO2 but it seems like I'm region blocked so I can't get the Steam version. Is there any news on when will this change or are people from SEA just not allowed to play PSO2 on Steam? And also not allow people from SEA to easily purchase AC as well?

Most of SEA was never even guaranteed for this release, but they can add new regions any time they feel they can.

@Ragnawind said in Will my region be permanently blocked on Steam?:

Most of SEA was never even guaranteed for this release, but they can add new regions any time they feel they can.

Why?

Maybe thats the cause for SEA. But letting half of the EU in, but blocking NL amongst a few other specific countries is just a mistery. So I have been wondering exactlythe same thing.

they blocked SEA? I was so rather hyped for this game but it seems they don't want to expand markets to our side of the world 😞

This update did add a bunch more countries it looks like and the way they are ramping up adding this game to more platforms and client updates towards the New Genesis release. I can imagine they'll open this up to more countries.

That said, I noticed the PSO Tweaker team noticed this region locking issue and I think were working on a solution to this in the meantime.