steam unlock time

Dose anyone know what time you will be able to download pso2 on steam tomorrow? I'm very excited never thought I would see the day pso2 would be on steam.

Logic tells you it'll be when maintenance ends, if not a bit earlier for pre-download.

The earliest will be the start of maintenance tonight at 11PM PDT/2AM EDT. Otherwise, it will be after maintenance. When they released the PC version, the download went live at the start of maintenance.

Man I can't wait for that. One of my PC's did a Windows update and it completely broke the installation. Went through the standard stuff, ensuring I was listed as the owner, removing Read Only attributes to files/subfolders, giving full permissions to my account...Fixed it for about an hour. Logged out and my son tried to log in and it's FUBAR all over again.

I'm more confident that Steam won't have this glaring issue that the MS store has been having.

@Frathlir I have just read their announcement regarding how to Link your MS account to your steam account...This is bull*hit right here. 1st you need to download the MS version again to get a Link Code. Then install Steam's version to input the Link code gotten from MS's store's version. Overall you need like 160 GB worth of space to do this since the code only lasts for 15 minutes...

nah, I have a second system with the game still loaded that is not having any issues at all. I should be able to log in to my son's profile (already got the account on that system, just have to switch to it) to get the code.

For anyone else that only has it on one system, that is indeed a crappy way to have to do it though. Guess that's the problem with having to have two different accounts communicate to avoid someone trying to 'hack' your account.

@StellarXWings said in steam unlock time:

@Frathlir I have just read their announcement regarding how to Link your MS account to your steam account...This is bull*hit right here. 1st you need to download the MS version again to get a Link Code. Then install Steam's version to input the Link code gotten from MS's store's version. Overall you need like 160 GB worth of space to do this since the code only lasts for 15 minutes...

One thing to note with this, PSO2 Tweaker has said that their program should be able to switch your current install to Steam in order to do the transfer. If they were able to get this to work properly, you shouldn't need two installs to tranfer.

@Ragnawind said in steam unlock time:

you shouldn't need two installs to tranfer.

Except for the part where you need the M$ store version installed to transfer your account... Unless the transfer takes less than 15 minutes that's not a good option

@Aida-Enna How exactly is it going to work?

@Mattwo7 said in steam unlock time:

@Ragnawind said in steam unlock time:

you shouldn't need two installs to tranfer.

Except for the part where you need the M$ store version installed to transfer your account... Unless the transfer takes less than 15 minutes that's not a good option

@Aida-Enna How exactly is it going to work?

You will, once you link Steam to Tweaker (more will be explained on Steam release once I do some quick final testing), be able to "hotswap" between launching the MS Store version and the Steam version in seconds using one singular install. So, once this is complete, you just change to the MS store version, launch it and get your code, close it and swap to the Steam version, launch it and put in your code.

Easy peasy!

@StellarXWings No you don't I just tested it out. The Tweaker version works.