any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?

@DarksideBurgo said in any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?:

@Zipzo That was in regards to the WoW expansion he decided to bring up for some reason. Everything in WoW expansions has always carried over (as far as i know it's the same for shadowlands I don't know I dont play).

The levels wont, in a way. People will log out at level 120 and when they log back in after the Shadowlands patch is installed they will be level 50. They're squishing the levels. Imagine a new player that finally reached level 58 and started The Burning Crusade expansion, login back in and see his character is down to level 10 (not sure at what level 58 is going to be squished at, I'm just using 10 as an example), and I'm sure you can guess how that player's going to feel.

I've often said it about WoW players over the years, the vast majority of them reads NOTHING and only find out once they login after a patch went live. The level squish, while a good idea, is going to create one hell of a massive shit show in the player base. It's not like Blizzard isn't trying to warn people about it, the information is out there, and many content creators as well as fan sites and the official site has the information. It's just that too many players are completely oblivious to the information.

A better way to compare WoW and PSO2 would be to use current WoW and WoW Classic, since they're two separate games and what you do in one stays in that game, nothing carries over. Classic is basically what WoW was before The Burning Crusade came out.

Anyway, about PSO2 and NGS, I will still play because I love the game and plan to play both games. I can understand why some people feel like stopping playing, it's just that some of them are aggressive about it and want people like me to stop playing and be angry at Sega for supposedly killing PSO2, which isn't the case.

I have lost all interest in NA PSO2 but i am playing JP PSO2 quite a bit.

I have 8 years of history in PSO2JP so way more items and things i want to transfer to New Genesis, furthermore, PSO2 EP6 is way more fun than anything that came before and it includes Phantom and Etoile, which are much more advanced and fun to play than legacy classes.

I feel that for absolutely new players NAPSO2 is probably still worth it out of convenience, but for PSO2JP veterans that have amassed nearly a decade of fashion, accessories and other transferable collectibles, it´s just not worth it.

@DarksideBurgo I guarantee there will be plenty of ways to get your meseta to NG unless there are no markets in NG. Levelling is easy so it's kinda eh

@IfrianMMO said in any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?:

I have lost all interest in NA PSO2 but i am playing JP PSO2 quite a bit.

I have 8 years of history in PSO2JP so way more items and things i want to transfer to New Genesis, furthermore, PSO2 EP6 is way more fun than anything that came before and it includes Phantom and Etoile, which are much more advanced and fun to play than legacy classes.

I feel that for absolutely new players NAPSO2 is probably still worth it out of convenience, but for PSO2JP veterans that have amassed nearly a decade of fashion, accessories and other transferable collectibles, it´s just not worth it.

Agreed, that's the same stance several of my friends that came to NA felt that played on JP longer, as well as myself. I have more valuables on JP than I never had on NA, so I won't be missing them for NGS.

The context in why you feel this way is very important and should have been addressed in the first place. It makes much more sense to not want to play the NA version of PSO2 anymore with NGS being announced if you played the JP version for years. You've had much more time with the game so it would make sense you'd rather wait for the new game that was announced than continue to play the version of the game you have less progress in.

That is completely different than spending little or no time in the JP version, playing the NA version for a short time it's been out and immediately giving up on the game because NGS was announced, even though PSO2 will still be getting more content after NGS is released.

I believe the point people were trying to make by listing games and expansion packs is that you can still enjoy a game up until a new one is released. The time you invested in a previous game doesn't instantly become pointless just because another game you like is being released.

If you still like a game the announcement of a new game shouldn't stop you from playing it. I think people that feel the same way as the OP, but don't have the long playtime they do, are only hurting themselves if they deny themselves from enjoying PSO2 just because NGS was announced.

If you're still having fun what good does stopping do, it's not going to change anything. All it's doing is depriving you of potential fun in PSO2 while you wait for a game that is coming out next year. Unless you already had other games in mind the minute you saw the announcement, you'll just be bored waiting all that time. If the people that started in the NA version that were upset by this news do have a game in mind already to pass the time however, I'm not quite sure why they're so upset, it's of little consequence to you then.

If you dont want to farm stuff (cosmetics) in "Old Genesis" to bring over to NG then that's on you buddy, because that is exactly what I am going to be doing. Im invested and going to stay invested. I'll be playing this game into the next year. I guess I will see YOU next year then. Guess what? Ill still be playing this game whenever NG comes out then too.

Nope. Still enjoying myself.

Still enjoying the game a lot and most likely will still enjoy the game after NGS comes out. I haven't seen a ton of details about how the game handles yet, but I do know the smaller missions and quick playtime on PSO2 works great for me when I have a limited time schedule but still use games to relax when I have free time.

Nope I've all but quit atm

@Jamesmor said in any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?:

@Zipzo6 most negativity doesn't generate constructive criticism, negativity most of the time only generates criticism for the sake of criticism and these kind of negativity is better to simply not play the game because it won't bring any value to it

This. There's a big difference between "This is a problem, here is why and here is a suggestion to fix it" and "OMG THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE DEVS NEVER LISTEN P2W". Unfortunately, I've seen more of the latter than I would like. Not saying this thread is that, just that these forums have a hard time distinguishing constructive criticism from non-constructive.

It's kinda sad you let a game that's not even coming out for a year or who knows could be longer even detour you from playing. I think They've stated there are some things going to be crossed platformed in PSONG WITH pso2. You shouldn't allow that to ruin your gameplay experience when it comes to PSO2. Unless you don't like the game and where getting bored with it then I can see some news of NG could put you off even further. But hey Play don't Play But My worthless opinion you should stick around

I could care less about some new version that's scheduled for next year. I don't understand how that can influence someone's decision to play the original when it's available now and will last another year (maybe more or less).

Maybe the same kind of people who don't spend resources on their gear because "something better is right around the corner."

but the gear and fashion is only stuff that does carry over also ac and sg but no meseta and materials

@RemovableRogue I'm glad meseta won't transfer over, because markets are bloated in the core game as is.