any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?

@Ephemiel said in any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?:

@DarksideBurgo said in any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?:

Everything does not transfer over. That is a straight up lie. Characters will be starting from level 1, meseta doesn't carry over, we arent sure if ALL cosmetics will, weapons and units will in some capacity (maybe worthlessly), mags will not have stats. You're are straight up spewing fallacies. Your cognitive abilities aren't very high functioning are they?

You really can't be bothered to read announcement i see.

Just like Redex said, "i have little to no time for this argument that is being made", especially when it's the same crying for the same stuff that was already fixed and confirmed. I'm beyond tired of coming to this forum and seeing the same people constantly going berserk for everything and anything.

I have hardly posted on the forum before, so you have not seen me "going berserk" before. I'd make a bs claim to bow out of an argument as well if I were proved to be this incompetent, so I don't blame you.... Carry on then.

@Ephemiel said in any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?:

@Ranmaru said in any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?:

@DarksideBurgo I think it is understandable if you are burnt out by now.

He's a lost cause, just another user that complains for the sake of complaining.

I will leave it at that. I think it is fine for some people to want to wait for NG, but I also think people shouldn't expect others to be angry and wait for NG as well as some of us still want to play it fully, or have yet to play as much as they have.

@Ranmaru In a sense yeah. If everything transferred over fully to NG (levels were maintained, meseta carried over) I'd absolutely be thrilled to still to continue playing. But knowing not everything will, and having a large mount of cosmetics that I like already, I don't see much sense in it, since I likely wouldn't keep playing once NG does come out.

@Ranmaru And I agree with you fully in that regard. My comments were at the others, basically insulting and harassing, and bitching about people voicing opinions similar to mine. As I've said, I can understand some think this is a great idea, and are super happy. And I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against them. I just don't personally like this idea, and feel that for me, I don't have much point in continuing to play now until NG releases.

Fair enough. I personally am fine with starting over, but I am usually more open to that since I already started over on NA coming from JP. This openness allows me to simply play PSO2 for PSO2 and not to prep for NG.

@DarksideBurgo said in any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?:

@Ephemiel If I played Wow and they were moving their newest content to a standalone new game, instead of releasing the expansion on top of the current game, then yes I would feel the exact same way. But they aren't they are releasing it as a straight update/expansion on the current game, where EVERYTHING about your character transfers into it.

"Everything" is a pretty strong word for "only your cosmetics", lol. It's the same thing as the Realm Reborn revamp for FFXIV, you got to keep your character and any legacy cosmetic doohickeys, but other than that, brand new game dude. The only difference here is you can actually go back to PSO2 "1.0" if you want to and pick up your old progress with the same character if for whatever reason you actually feel inclined after NG has already released, which as I said, I & probably many others certainly will not.

@Zipzo That was in regards to the WoW expansion he decided to bring up for some reason. Everything in WoW expansions has always carried over (as far as i know it's the same for shadowlands I don't know I dont play).

I agree with everything you said. Even in regards to likely not touching PSO2 once NG has come out, hence why I feel like I don't have as much incentive playing PSO2 now that I know there will be a new game where not everything will carry over to.

I'm still having a blast with PSO2 and as long as all the cosmetics transfer over to NGS, I'm excited for that too.

I feel like if someone isn't enjoying the game anymore, then quitting is probably the best bet. I'd rather have someone stop playing then force themselves and continually spread their negativity throughout the game.

@Lorient said in any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?:

I'm still having a blast with PSO2 and as long as all the cosmetics transfer over to NGS, I'm excited for that too.

I feel like if someone isn't enjoying the game anymore, then quitting is probably the best bet. I'd rather have someone stop playing then force themselves and continually spread their negativity throughout the game.

I personally think there is value in negativity. No game is perfect, and while you call it negativity, I call it constructive criticism. Sure, not all criticism is well expressed equally. However, most video game developers appreciate well constructed feedback and would prefer their users make it known if something is less than ideal for the massive majority of players than for everyone to be a sheep and act like the game is perfection incarnate. They only stand to grow as game developers though that feedback dynamic.

they did say some of the actual gear and mags will transfer over as well, just that some of the gear might become level locked over there, so would have to hit a certain lvl on NGS to equip. Mags will no longer be giving stat boosts over there either (what they will be used for instead, is anyone's guess). Having different levels doesn't really bother me. Being able to take my cosmetics is awesome (though not my room decor makes me sad, since I spent a lot of meseta to get all the Shining series posters and floormats... yes, I'm an uber weeb and don't care). Getting a graphics update in PSO2 and being able to bounce between the 2 also kinda cool, can't think of a game that's ever done that before. Closest thing I remember was original Everquest giving a legacy item from your EQ1 character to your first EQ2 character. Otherwise, no other game I can think of has done something like this. Storyline continuation also cool (albeit what was it? 2000 years in the future?).

I get how some would feel that way, but even still, what you going to do while you're waiting for NGS? Sure if not enjoying the game, whatever, then find something you do enjoy, that's fairly simple. But to me, thinking that because a new version is coming in a year I should stop playing the old doesn't make a lot of sense. As I said, what else I going to do for the next year while I wait? Definitely not going back to WoW or Tera, bleh, done with those, Tera after only 2 years, and WoW since launch up until last year. Personally, the way I'm viewing NGS is just a time jump expansion, with the time jump only lowering your stats because everyone else got stronger over those 2000 years.... at least that's my logic argument 😄 Just makes me want to get through the original's content that much faster so I can have the storyline up until that point.

So saying that lost interest just because a new version is coming out, just doesn't make any real logical sense to me. But if that's the case, then have fun with whatever decide to do over the next year while you wait. Personally I'll still be on PSO2 enjoying it until then 🙂

i will keep playing until ng comes out...star gems might be a big thing in ng so ill collect as many as i can and convert as many meseta into sg as possible ..that alone is a big motivation for me...other than that its still fun to play even more with all the "new" episodes coming so soon

All the content of JP server with NGS graphical update will be better than NGS for atleast few years to a NA player imo

@Zipzo6 most negativity doesn't generate constructive criticism, negativity most of the time only generates criticism for the sake of criticism and these kind of negativity is better to simply not play the game because it won't bring any value to it

same I cant get into it anymore all the content isnt even out yet I'll just wait til the graphic improvements and play everything then.

id like to point out that they left a huge time gap between pso2 and genesis alowing a long long story continuation for og pso2 to connect them.and only reason that would not happen is if ppl just quit pso2 til genesis and it wont make them anymore profit, also that may lead to genesis doin worse and maybe a pso3 or even worse no more pso at all in the future.