any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?

@Ephemiel

Although I don't disagree no one should be typically outright shamed for having a different opinion as Burgo suggested. (which I feel hasn't happened here) I was just about to ask the same thing. what is the psychology behind it generally speaking? I don't want to have fun in game now because I'm going to have fun in the other game later? okay sure.. you're free to play it that way, its different, but ok.

@DarksideBurgo

I don't think we were being exceptionally rude more so than real.. I'm guessing you mean when Ephemiel said to leave? that strikes me as a passionate response of fandom to someones time investment anxieties or whatever imo. Also you can't censor the DDDDLife she makes some fair points maybe with a bit of attitude but would we really want it any other way?

..what would have been pathetic would be if ppl had said to leave because they think ill on you as an individual and because you can't read ancient roman backwards out loud and for reasons entirely unrelated to the game, not for your avaunt grade stances on things in light of the NG.

No, I have not. Still playing PSO2 as planned. I also don't mind it becoming classic.

@Ephemiel If I played Wow and they were moving their newest content to a standalone new game, instead of releasing the expansion on top of the current game, then yes I would feel the exact same way. But they aren't they are releasing it as a straight update/expansion on the current game, where EVERYTHING about your character transfers into it.

@Redex Interesting you bring up censoring people in your response. I don't agree with censoring people. But by saying people who don't have an opinion you like should just leave and stay off this forum, and reddit, is in fact trying to censor people....

As I said, people can be happy with the plan for NG and updating PSO2. Great for them. I personally don't feel like this is a good move, and knowing there will be a brand new standalone game (where only really cosmetics will carry over and items (but not knowing if they will in a meaningful way) makes me feel like my time is better spent on other games, and money better spent elsewhere. I like games that time invested into my character continues to show, and can keep farming currency (meseta in this game). However since Meseta won't transfer, and my character class levels won't transfer, for myself, i'd prefer to wait for NG and see if I prefer it (with what looks like much better movement and revamped combat, likely I will.)

@DarksideBurgo said in any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?:

they were moving their newest content to a standalone new game, instead of releasing the expansion on top of the current game, then yes I would feel the exact same way.

Are you doing that now that they released WoW Classic?

@DarksideBurgo said in any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?:

But they aren't they are releasing it as a straight update/expansion on the current game, where EVERYTHING about your character transfers into it.

Exactly, everything transfers......so why are you all crying so much and saying you don't want to play PSO2 anymore because of it?

@Ephemiel You are trying to make comparisons that don't relate to the way PSO2 will be handled. I have not played any WoW for years, and do not and have never played "Classic". I played Wow Vanilla up thru Cataclysm. If they released Burning Crusade as a fully standalone game of Vanilla, and said your character level and currency isn't going to carry over (this is the scenario for PSO2 and PSO2 NG). I very likely would have stopped playing Vanilla until BC came out. (shadowlands is releasing as a straight expansion, not PSO2 NG, where everything will transfer since you somehow struggle with what I meant since you quoted me completely out of context in how you thought you did.....)

Everything does not transfer over. That is a straight up lie. Characters will be starting from level 1, meseta doesn't carry over, we arent sure if ALL cosmetics will, weapons and units will in some capacity (maybe worthlessly), mags will not have stats. You're are straight up spewing fallacies. Your cognitive abilities aren't very high functioning are they?

Edited* with further clarifications since your potato brain appears to struggle.

@DarksideBurgo

Meh, asking someone to leave is the nicest extreme way of saying "I have little to no time for this argument that is being made" more so than a legitimate attack of 'don't come back how dare you not be censored!'

As for the rest I don't really know what to tell you.. if meseta not transferring to the new game is make or break regarding your willingness to game pso2 along with whatever else you're likely not that invested in the series as a fan. That's ok. It's just there are reasons regarding certain decisions in the NG, like not bringing over a meseta farming market, people not being over powered from the get-go and therefore not intimidating all new players as an example.. Its all part of the games design but understandably not everyone is going to embrace these ideas.

The fact they have brought cross-game accessibility is quite a nice perk and not something they had to do. They care about the people gaming PSO2 enough to have made that a feature when it didn't need to be.

If you lost interest, then it means you weren't truly interested in the first place. Yet that is perfectly fine.

@Redex as I have said, I am excited for NG. I can understand some of the reasoning with it, and as I said, understand why some are happy with the plan with as far as what we know so far. But personally. I feel very little reason to replay all the content I have already played now knowing that there will be a new, updated game that won't carry over all of my character progress.

@DarksideBurgo I think it is understandable if you are burnt out by now.

Everything does not transfer over. That is a straight up lie. Characters will be starting from level 1, meseta doesn't carry over, we arent sure if ALL cosmetics will, weapons and units will in some capacity (maybe worthlessly), mags will not have stats. You're are straight up spewing fallacies. Your cognitive abilities aren't very high functioning are they?

You really can't be bothered to read announcement i see.

Just like Redex said, "i have little to no time for this argument that is being made", especially when it's the same crying for the same stuff that was already fixed and confirmed. I'm beyond tired of coming to this forum and seeing the same people constantly going berserk for everything and anything.

@Ranmaru That makes zero logical sense whatsoever. I was obviously interested in the first place in playing the localized version, thinking it was going to be the go-to for future updates and content, as I've dumped the better part of a thousand hours into it. But now knowing that a New Game will be released, I have very little interest in current PSO2. It doesn't have much to do with being burnt out. I enjoy grind heavy games. I just don't like the idea of continuing to grind it all out again, and spend more time on it, knowing a new game will be coming out that I can't move everything of my character over to.

As I said, if you like it all, that's great. Nothing against you. But this move has made it so that I have personally lost interest until I see NG, and decide If I prefer that and then will play that one.

@Ranmaru said in any one lost interest in pso2 since they announced pso2 next gen?:

@DarksideBurgo I think it is understandable if you are burnt out by now.

He's a lost cause, just another user that complains for the sake of complaining.

@Ephemiel So Meseta and your character levels are transferring over directly into NG? LOL again, you prove your lack of reading comprehension, and any real depth of cognitive ability whatsoever....

@DarksideBurgo Yeah I didn't realize you said you played JP for many years. Burnt out, or not wanting to grind again, call it however you like. I am saying it is understandable that you are content with waiting for NG now that you have played it for so long. Is this not what you are saying? I will leave it at that.