Do I keep clothes if I create a new character

I want to create a new character but am struggling to find whether what I have will cross over to my new character. Does anyone know if clothing like outerwear, basewear and inner wear crosses over?

Those clothing items only transfer if you got two tickets and used them both on the same character. If you only used one, it is bound to that one single character.

Also, you can use the ticket a second time on any character in PSO2NA to unlock it account wide. (Originally, PSO2JP required using the ticket on the same character who had already unlocked it.)

It depends on the type of clothing.

1. For outfits or outerwares [Ou] which are equipable items, you can hand them over to the new character through the use of the storage. If the new character has these items, then the new character can wear them. Of course, your original character can't wear these while the new character have them.

2. For basewares [Ba] or innerwares [In] which are consumable tickets, you need to use the same ticket twice to make the clothing wearable by the new character. If you've used the ticket only once on the original character, then your new character can't wear the clothing. You must use another ticket of the same item if you want your new character wear the same clothing too.

@coldreactive said in Do I keep clothes if I create a new character:

(Originally, PSO2JP required using the ticket on the same character who had already unlocked it.)

From the introduction of the "two tickets for account-wide" system, we could use two tickets of the same item on different characters.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/20107/#ttl07

@Fiona-Respha said in Do I keep clothes if I create a new character:

From the introduction of the "two tickets for account-wide" system, we could use two tickets of the same item on different characters.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/20107/#ttl07

Then it must be because the translation for the PSO2JP version must have been poor on the community's side, as the NA version actually says "another character" when you login to another character that doesn't have it yet, and NA will also say "same character" if you're logged into the character that already used it. While on the PSO2JP Translation that I had, it said "same character" regardless of character I logged into as.

So in other words, I would need to have two characters (by purchasing another character since I only have one) in order to cross the outerwear to the other character through storage? And does the clothing automatically pass on just by being on storage or does it have to be in a specific area on the storage?

@Domino5209 If they are on the same Ship, any storage that is not the Character Storage is shared between characters.

Also, you only have to pay for a character if you have more than 3 total across all 3 Ships.

Oops, I forgot about the ship. This looked like a pretty simple question, but was actually very tricky 😆

@Domino5209 so it is like AndrlCh explained. Create a new character on the same ship, put the outfit of the older character into storage, pick the outfit from storage with the new character, that simple.

Also note that you can't put outfits into Material Storage (naturally).

as the NA version actually says "another character" when you login to another character that doesn't have it yet, and NA will also say "same character" if you're logged into the character that already used it. While on the PSO2JP Translation that I had, it said "same character" regardless of character I logged into as.

Is that really what you see? That's completely different from what I see on my PS4/Xbox One. I wonder if we are playing the same game 😃

Also, you can use the ticket a second time on any character in PSO2NA to unlock it account wide. (Originally, PSO2JP required using the ticket on the same character who had already unlocked it.)

So if you have 2 tickets for the same Inner or Basewear item you can unlock it account wide by using both? I didn't think that was brought over to NA yet.

@Domino5209 said in Do I keep clothes if I create a new character:

I want to create a new character but am struggling to find whether what I have will cross over to my new character. Does anyone know if clothing like outerwear, basewear and inner wear crosses over?

Unlockable items (innerwear, basewear, accessories, etc) are bound to the character they are unlocked on. Outerwear items can be moved around via storage from one character to another. Also, if you like the character you have but want to change them up, you can always use a Salon Pass or just change their class. Changing the name costs AC though.

One of the best features of this game is changing your class to whatever you want, leveling it up, learning the PAs and dumping it if you don't like it.