This is too much now.

Ok so, I've made a thread crying about SG scratch before. I complained that I got nothing but male outfits and I only play female chars. I get that it's RNG but not being able to trade them is what makes it totally unfair. I last complained that I got 10 male outfits in a row. Since then, I have gotten nothing but more male attire.. no hair/no trash prizes/no female outfits. I have literally never pulled anything other than male outfits. With there being 2 genders in the game, while also having other items in there, what are the odds of getting only male outfits after like 15 scratches? Feels like it should be near impossible. Again though, I would just shrug it off as bad RNG if I could at least trade them for some SG or another outfit, even at some ridiculous rate like 10:1

Well in JP you could trade in for a SG scratch selector for 40 items to 1 selector ticket, now thats kinda part of the banner as in do 40 pulls. Arguably a worse deal since it sets the bonus to the one banner and doesn't let you hoard the ticket until the next banner but with a trade in of not having to trash 40 sg scratch items (technically kinda cheaper if you are doing only the one banner and want to keep what you got.)

We really gonna have yet another "i want to complain about my RNG" thread?

I think the game knows you're amassing your army of Bananas and it isn't pleased.. pso20200730_162318_001.jpg

Ok I cannot resist to use this

alt text

Ahem.. We gatherer here today on this eve in the Phantasy Star to remember the fallen of Ragol as we go forth and onward into the New Genesis.. We ask you not to forget the Mags of times past and remember rejoicing in the glory of a Banana dessert as we are accompanied by the tropical kin into the future.

"Give me over priced over inflated scratch ticket items for sale in the ARKS shop terminal or give me death!"

-The Principal (Pioneer 2)

.............NVM

... 🙄

Please try another 5 Tickets and dont forget to open up another topic on this to inform all of us about it!!!!!!!

@Scerms77

Please my child, rest thy sins of frustration in thou fruitiest of desserts.

*holds up banana split *

That will be 4000 AC.

Honestly, all gacha/lootboxes are shitty business practices that by design are predatory and should be abolished. I can't do proper justice as to why they are, but there are a few articles out there that go in depth about why they're designed in such a way and how they convince you to keep spending.

That and I'm pretty sure that regardless of how well I explain it here there will still be bootlickers/trolls that are more than happy to write up multiple paragraphs of "nuh uh".

But yeah, it's legitimate to call this shitty practice out and even if it's a tired argument, OP's point is valid.

@IAMCRAIG

I don't suppose responding with fair points would be seen as trolling or 'bootlicking' would it? Sure one could view that form of sales marketing as predatory or however you want to label it.. Though at the end of the day people want new content and Sega wants to keep in business.

If there's no new business to be had there's essentially no new content to be had unless you ask them to charge a premium and roll with it giving people little or no access to the new/immediate accessory options when they want them if they were to choose to drop the scratch cards all together for example. By not charging a mandated premium they open up the game to a larger player base potential to make the game a overall more populated experience.

I've always seen accessories as additional content. If they wanted to release a item at $500 I'd probably just laugh knowing that this accessory plays no real factor on gameplay and that people will be upset that they're asked to pay money for whatever random item. I get it... Maybe you like an item and it costs a fair bit on scratch or w/e. It could be seen as crude though no one is forcing you to play scratch cards in an otherwise F2P game. All the bucks people throw into this game are likely to come right back at them in one shape or form. Continued support for the game and its staff, future game installments etc.

We can cry all day about the scratch tickets but they have every right to offer them as they do.

@Redex said in This is too much now.:

All the bucks people throw into this game are likely to come right back at them in one shape or form. Continued support for the game and its staff, future game installments etc.

Which I would imagine is what NGS is. I seriously doubt they are making a large enough amount of money from their other IPs to put towards NGS and everything it entails.

@Furious said in This is too much now.:

@Redex said in This is too much now.:

All the bucks people throw into this game are likely to come right back at them in one shape or form. Continued support for the game and its staff, future game installments etc.

Which I would imagine is what NGS is. I seriously doubt they are making a large enough amount of money from their other IPs to put towards NGS and everything it entails.

Then you got no idea the IPs that Sega is getting money from.