SEGA's President Resigns

@coldreactive said in SEGA's President Resigns:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/07/segas_president_has_just_resigned_for_personal_reasons

@GM-Deynger and the others, will this affect production of PSO2: NGS?

Why would it? Did any of Nintendo's games have any issues with Reggie Fils-Aime stepped down or when Satoru Iwada passed away?

Company structures may be different and games might have production requirements that require the CEO/President to approve them. We won't know unless something is announced or told to us.

Company structures may be different and games might have production requirements that require the CEO/President to approve them. We won't know unless something is announced or told to us.

Doubtful.

This isn't the CEO of Sega it's self resigning, nor is it the resignation of anyone directly related to the development of actual game titles. This isn't going to shake up the day to day going ons down the line in Sega, it's only going to affect the higher up portions of the company. It's also worth mentioning that the CEO of both Sega and SegaSammy is still in charge, so again, this isn't going to shake things up much, if at all, in the grand scheme of things.

As Ephemiel said, Iwata's passing was much more devastating for a company, as he was both President AND CEO of Nintendo, yet literally nothing in Nintendo changed. This isn't going to have any affect on PSO2 or New Genesis' development anymore than the late Iwata's passing did on Breath of the Wild or the Switch.

Companies the size of Sega simply don't operate in the way you're describing anymore.

I don't think there is anything to worry about. There is a big SEGA fan in charge of SEGA Sammy holdings in general. I wasn't even aware SEGA had a president. Haruki Satomi has been the person making all the big SEGA announcements at SEGA FES and such.

This is something to keep an eye on!

well I doubt the GM will be able to answer that because I'm pretty sure that this kind of info is not something he has access, also the president of a big company resigning won't affect anything even more when it comes to a project that is close to be released, it will affect it if were in the start of the project but not at this point.

now what will be affected is the stock value of the company.

Maybe SEGA will get a president who is influenced by Microsoft and they will finally acquire them.

Sega's last 3 years have been pretty good though

The President of a company like this is more of a figurehead than anything else, so nothing will change. The CEO is the one with the real power. The only time the President has any real power is when they simultaneously hold the position of CEO (Chief Executive Officer). The only ones above the CEO are the board of directors and shareholders (when the company is publicly shared on the stock market). The CEo is also often a member of the board of directors and has the most influence. In general, the CEO is the highest ranked in the company, with the president as the second-in-command.

So unless he was making the game by himself without any help there is probably nothing to worry about.

@John-Paul-RAGE I hope not. Microsoft has a background of screwing up companies it acquires. I.E. Lionhead Studios. When it bought Obsidian, I had very mixed feelings, as on one hand, that means more funding for projects, while on the other hand, it means Microsoft gets a say in what is, or isn't in their games. I'd rather Microsoft not have that kind of a say in PSO2.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/07/segas_president_has_just_resigned_for_personal_reasons

@GM-Deynger and the others, will this affect production of PSO2: NGS?

"Matsubara has been a Sega executive vice president since 2017 and was only given the role of chief publishing officer in April of this year."

Not even close to an issue. And they wouldn't admit to anything.

Good riddance. I hope they will get someone competent now.

Great news for us

The one to be worried about is Sakai Satoshi. He's the producer of PSO2