Windows store is not installing the game to my D:

I had the game installed on my D : the game uninstalled itself, and wouldn't reinstall so I downloaded Tweaker and installed the game to my 😄 (SSD). I've now read that to link accounts you need to have an active installation at the same time as your steam installation, however my SSD won't hold two copies of the game. I've changed where apps are installed on the MS store (D:) however, it is saying the game already installed and obviously linking to my C:/ assuming it is the windows version.

How can I get windows store to reinstall the game to my D:/ so that when steam comes out I can safely link accounts?

Why are you even using the MS Store to install it when you can already install using tweaker? Just uninstall your current tweaker version and reinstall using tweaker onto your non-SSD drive and then just install the steam version onto your SSD as I assume you want the steam version to be the main version you are using. Once you linked the accounts, just uninstall the version on your non-SSD drive.

Just wait for steam version to come out.

@GamerKillance They are trying to set it up so that they can link their account to their steam account when the steam version comes out as you need an existing installation in addition to the steam installation to link accounts. You can uninstall the non-steam version once you linked accounts.

@Archetype-Luna said in Windows store is not installing the game to my 😧:

@GamerKillance They are trying to set it up so that they can link their account to their steam account when the steam version comes out as you need an existing installation in addition to the steam installation to link accounts.

Is there a wiki on that made by Microsoft or is it player speculation?

You need to install it on the same drive as your OS for it to be stable.

The steam version won't conflict with an MS Store install, as steam installs programs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common (even if they're 64-bit like Skyrim Special Edition.)

@GamerKillance said in Windows store is not installing the game to my 😧:

@GamerKillance They are trying to set it up so that they can link their account to their steam account when the steam version comes out as you need an existing installation in addition to the steam installation to link accounts.

There hasn't been an official MS announcement on it yet, but it's an assumption made by the tweaker devs who've seen the code-input logic in the game's source code.

@Akonyl said in Windows store is not installing the game to my 😧:

There hasn't been an official MS announcement on it yet, but it's an assumption made by the tweaker devs who've seen the code-input logic in the game's source code.

While I won't discredit the devs of tweaker i'll wait for a conformation on Microsoft of needed the MS store version of PSO2 to play steam version of PSO2.

My guess is there will be some type of account link with a code or something in order to play your PSO2 file attached to the MS account.

@GamerKillance Yes, that is how it is currently described by the tweaker devs:

--Q: How do I link my Steam account to my already-existing PSO2 Microsoft account?--

A: This is probably the most important thing in this post - You need to keep your Microsoft version of PSO2 installed if you want to link it to steam.

The steam version of PSO2 currently (in the code) requires an authorization code from whatever version of PSO2 you previously played if you want to continue progress on that account.

As in, do not delete your Windows Store/XB1 copy of PSO2 yet (or ever, if that's your thing!). The code indicates that you will need a key from a previous copy of PSO2 and have 15 minutes to enter it on the steam copy to link accounts. This is likely done instead of a login in order to prevent needing to support the Xbox Live API.

Currently in the code, it looks like the non-steam version generates a key that you then need to enter in the steam version.

@GamerKillance Yes, that is how it is currently described by the tweaker devs:

--Q: How do I link my Steam account to my already-existing PSO2 Microsoft account?--

A: This is probably the most important thing in this post - You need to keep your Microsoft version of PSO2 installed if you want to link it to steam.

The steam version of PSO2 currently (in the code) requires an authorization code from whatever version of PSO2 you previously played if you want to continue progress on that account.

As in, do not delete your Windows Store/XB1 copy of PSO2 yet (or ever, if that's your thing!). The code indicates that you will need a key from a previous copy of PSO2 and have 15 minutes to enter it on the steam copy to link accounts. This is likely done instead of a login in order to prevent needing to support the Xbox Live API.

So the game itself won't be needed, but rather authorization that the account is your with some kind of playtime on it.

@GamerKillance They are trying to set it up so that they can link their account to their steam account when the steam version comes out as you need an existing installation in addition to the steam installation to link accounts. You can uninstall the non-steam version once you linked accounts.

You made it out as you need to have the PSO2 MS store version installed to play steams version which will be VERY unlikely.

You made it out as you need to have the PSO2 MS store version installed to play steams version which will be VERY unlikely.

The current assumption is that the MS store version of the game is what generates the code used by the steam version. So, if you only have 15 minutes to input the generated code, you would need both installs simultaneously (until you linked the accounts, at which point you can trash the MS store version), because you can't uninstall+reinstall in 15 minutes. The Tweaker devs mentioned they were working on a way to let the MS and Steam versions work off of the same install though, so you wouldn't actually need two installs simultaneously for it.

@Akonyl said in Windows store is not installing the game to my 😧:

The current assumption is that the MS store version of the game is what generates the code used by the steam version. So, if you only have 15 minutes to input the generated code, you would need both installs simultaneously (until you linked the accounts, at which point you can trash the MS store version), because you can't uninstall+reinstall in 15 minutes. The Tweaker devs mentioned they were working on a way to let the MS and Steam versions work off of the same install though, so you wouldn't actually need two installs simultaneously for it.

I see that as unlikely. Most likely it will be an email confirmation between accounts. Steam and Microsoft will give a do-how the day before(my bet) release. Assumptions don't do much for anyone.

@GamerKillance I'd agree that it shouldn't be likely, but I'm not the one with access to the source so I'm just going off what the tweaker team is claiming. It's not like much surrounding the windows store + XBL integration makes sense anyway, so just because something makes sense and would be better practice doesn't make me confident it's the choice they'd choose.