Important PSA about linking steam accounts (and more)!

Yup the longest part of the destiny 2 account link/transfer was finding or remembering my login info, in total 5minutes give or take a couple minutes.

For this on the other hand, it has so far taken 2 and a half hours and i am at 35000/93000 and then i still need to download and install steam version....

muse dash took me 10 seconds to link my google play to steam account and that's came from an indie company... why can't microsoft or SEGA do that too ??

@FerventPond3601 said in Important PSA about linking steam accounts (and more)!:

muse dash took me 10 seconds to link my google play to steam account and that's came from an indie company... why can't microsoft or SEGA do that too ??

If I have to be conspiratory about it, it might be that MS is doing as little as possible as they can to comply to whatever contract they wrote up with SEGA, to inconvenience people and try to force them to stay in the MS ecosystem. I assume they get some cut of AC/SG sales through the MS Store that they wouldn't get on sales done through Steam.

If MS wanted to retain customers then they should have fixed the MS store deleting the game when windows decides to update.

I don't know... Segac has never been kind to the PSO/PSU series in the west.

And we can't download it. Great, gotta wait like 45+ minutes in the morning before I can see if I manage to screw this up. If I do I blame Segac for the stressful process.

@Hatsodoom said in Important PSA about linking steam accounts (and more)!:

I don't know... Segac has never been kind to the PSO/PSU series in the west.

They've been doing far better at responding to our feedback than they have in the past, like when they announced they'd be releasing the game "on other PC platforms" before they were ready to do so and they've been steadily fixing up the translation among other minor things.

Plus we've gotten a steady stream of small updates and a big update every couple of months. The problems with the US release of PSO2 and the problems with their past games (which were not entirely exclusive to the west, as is clear by the fact that they shut down a Japanese PSU server right after they shut down a US one and went back and forth between the two regions in shutting the servers down until only Japanese PC was left and then shut that one down not long after too, the only reason they even updated that version was because they could still milk it with the addition of Guardians Cash on top of a subscription, which at the time was generally frowned upon in the west)

Steam probably won't have a download link until later in the day (probably a couple hours after the maintenance finishes)... possibly be lucky if the link shows up right after maintenance, but it more than likely will be a few hours. The reasons, who knows... but it's just how it usually goes for Steam releases. Generally don't see them show up until the afternoon.

How do I use the hotswap function?

So I have to login from the Microsoft Store version of the game, get a code, then go back to the Steam and enter it?

any possible way to copy some of the steam files and put it into the microsoft folder section? To lessen the d/l burden or will that screw it up?

Bumping this just because it deserves first page.

Okay I d/l the 11gb from windows store, after that was complete I copied the data folder from steam and paste it. At one point it asked me to overwrite the 11gb files ( I declined). At the launcher I cancel the update and clicked on check file which was about 30min. Then I clicked on start game and I think it verified the files again (another 30min, probably could skip the first file check if anyone wants to test it). No hiccups after that and went straight to link account code. Hopefully this helps.

copy: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM\pso2_bin\data

paste to: C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin\data

Good riddance to MS store version.

I have a question no one seems to be answering. Why should I make the switch to Steam as opposed to just keeping my PSO2/tweaker version since I haven't had any issues with that? I don't mind doing the switch if it can yield some sort of benefit but I don't see the point otherwise.