Am I crazy? (AC Sale Prices)

@Theuberclips said in Am I crazy? (AC Sale Prices):

JP had a lot of these sales actually for a while. If you literally go back like 1 or 2 months before rainbow keys existed you'd see that these are pretty much just as unreasonable as the JP ones were. It's still more unreasonable, but yeah.

Not quite sure what you mean... do you meant to say that JP AC sales in the past were just as bad as NA now?

Well I can't say for RDR or EXP boosts - I never keep track of them as I never buy these, but at least the Beginner set (500 AC) and Item pack set (1600 AC) been around for many years. I bought the Item pack set twice, once when it was 100 inventory cap, and then again when its 150 cap.

@HarmlessSyan More that JP had unreasonably high priced sales as well. I remember going through during patch days when they were posting them and being like "10000 ac for this shit? wtf" But even then those 10k AC sales were better than what NA is offering right now.

I wrote that kinda fast and am multitasking so lemme clarify, JP had sales that also aren't anywhere close to worth it, but not as bad as these AC Sale prices.

@Theuberclips are you confusing the AC sales with the spend AC campaigns? JP had events where you spend AC and rewards you with Rappy suit and other boosts.

Here is the example of May 2018 AC sale - year+ before Rainbow Keys

may2018.png

At the same time they had spend AC campaign

spendac.png

Campaign Qualifications

(1) Spend 2000+ AC during the campaign period to receive:

+100% Tribooster (x2)
15,000 EXP Ticket (x5)

(2) Spend 5000+ AC during the campaign period to receive:

Egg Rappy Suit
+30% Ability Affixing Success

(3) Spend 10,000 AC during the campaign period to receive:

+150% Tribooster (x3)
Lambda Grinder (x2)

※AC / iAC spent in PSO2es prior to linking does not qualify for this campaign. However, any AC or iAC spent after linking will qualify for the campaign.

Ways You Can Spend AC

Playing Arks Scratch on PSO2 or PSO2es
Buying Arks Scratch Ticket Bundles
Buying Items in the AC Shop
Using a Scape Doll to revive
Using AC Content at the Beauty Salon
Spending AC to add a Skill Tree
Spending AC to reset a Skill Tree
Spending AC to buy a character
Transferring to another ship

Using [Arks Scratch Tickets] to play the AC Scratch does not fulfill the campaign requirements of spending AC.

@HarmlessSyan Maybe I was. But the deals posted above aren't exactly that great either, they're just... not as ridiculous as a 9300 AC bundle. Like, they're reasonable enough that people will actually buy them and will be willing to buy them.

Keep in mind I only played JP for 6 months though (to learn the game for NA PC launch, and to help people learn and enjoy the game)

@RainGnyu said in Am I crazy? (AC Sale Prices):

Here we go again! This is NA not JP! Their economy is different than our own. Stop being cheap and support the game. There are some people making a living providing the enjoyment of pixel gaming!

Something for nothing bandwagon crew!

This is one of those "not sure if serious" sort of moments.

Did you actually look at the items they were charging a hundred bucks for? It's basically the equivalent of doing all three recommended quests on 3-4 characters for like 2-3 days.

Can we all agree RainGnyu is a troll and hope a GM will ban him from the forums?

He keeps making antagonistic remarks and adds nothing to any discussion he's in.

Wow here we going again on a new thread. Another agenda misdirection baiting thread. Free to play players want something for nothing never want to support the game but want everything in it. Always the same people flooding the forums with some sort of dissatisfaction because it isn’t free!

Paying customer here, not a f2p player, and I would not touch the NA sale packs with a ten foot pole. No one here is asking for free stuff either. We are just pointing out the gross difference in these sale packs. The fact that people would buy the JP packs but not the NA packs should tell you that this isn't f2p player noting dissatisfaction because something isn't free. So you are completely wrong on this account.

Here we go again! This is NA not JP! Their economy is different than our own. Stop being cheap and support the game. There are some people making a living providing the enjoyment of pixel gaming!

Something for nothing bandwagon crew!

The difference in economy does not explain the gigantic price difference and value difference. This isn't a bandwagon crew, this is people making observations. Japan and North America does not have that large of an economic difference; if anything, given the US' current economic state, cheaper packs would make much more sense due to the financial crisis that is currently gripping the country due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Plus AC prices have already been adjusted for NA from JP as 100 AC is 100 Yen in JP while it is 1 USD in NA, and 100 Yen is not equal to 1 USD as the conversion rate is constantly shifting (currently 100 Yen is equal to ~0.93 USD). So it should be fair to compare AC prices directly.

No one here is asking something for nothing, considering how people would be willing to buy the JP packs because they actually have value; people here would be willing to spend if the packs were of value. Compare the Beginner Support Pack that gives an inventory expansion and character storage expansion along with some scape dolls and boosters for 1750 AC to the Item Pack Expansion in JP which consists of 5 Inventory Expansions and 2 Tokyo Gold Keys for 1600 AC. The main reason why you would buy them would be for the expansions, and the value of the single inventory expansion and the storage expansion if bought separately is 1150 AC; meanwhile 5 inventory expansions cost 1750 AC. So in NA, you are really just paying extra for discounted consumables while in JP you actually get the main item at a discount with consumables tact on as extra without raising the price; IF you can even call the NA packs discounted as 5 scape dolls cost 600 AC so really you are paying full price and getting 6 free Exp Boosters. I don't even see how this can be called a sale to be honest. No market difference between Japan and North America can explain that.

Furthermore, our server isn't the NA server anymore, it is now the global server as PSO2 will be opening up to 30+ countries world wide.

Looking back even further - the pre-freebies/bonuses era

Feb 2017

feb2017.png

They raised the price on beginner set for recent ones!

@LapisWave said in Am I crazy? (AC Sale Prices):

I am going to buy one just because I enjoy the game and what to support it. Somebody has to!

Here comes the wagon!

Sounds like you

I just don’t agree with your personal assessments when it comes to AC and or SG Value of the products. I don’t think you guys have the correct assessment because some have not count the difference in an eight year old JP version vs development cost here in the US vs the NA version as of now. How much did the NA version just to get the old copy of the game here. So many factors some people are not accounting for.

Just my personal opinion!

If you really think about it! JP did not want us to has the game over here in the first place!

@RainGnyu JP is who runs our game, so go away.

@LapisWave said in Am I crazy? (AC Sale Prices):

I am going to buy one just because I enjoy the game and what to support it. Somebody has to!

Here comes the wagon!

Sounds like you

I just don’t agree with your personal assessments when it comes to AC and or SG Value of the products. I don’t think you guys have the correct assessment because some have not count the difference in an eight year old JP version vs development cost here in the US vs the NA version as of now. How much did the NA version just to get the old copy of the game here. So many factors some people are not accounting for.

Just my personal opinion!

The development costs are likely rather minimal compared to the cost it took to originally develop the game in Japan. Most of the work has already been done as the content is already made. In no way does it explain these monetization differences. Furthermore, if it did somehow cost more, they are only shooting themselves in the foot because no one wants to buy these packs. If they want to make money, they need to offer good deals. These AC Sales packs are horrible deals. The Beginner pack is quite literally inflating the cost of an inventory expansion and a character storage expansion by adding 5 scape dolls, all for 6 Exp +100% boosts that you can earn in game. Quite literally, if you were to buy the inventory expansion, storage expansion, and scape dolls separately, they would in total cost 1750 AC, the exact same price as the pack. They would literally make far more money selling the same packs JP did.

If you really think about it! JP did not want us to has the game over here in the first place!

Yeah I highly doubt that considering how there a western release was originally planned but a number of financial issues assaulted Sega around that time and prevented them from doing so. The fact that the JP devs acknowledged the foreign players on the JP servers. I highly doubt this statement of yours is the case. If it is, then well this server is in huge trouble because a disinterested developer is incredibly harmful to a game.

I kind of wonder if RainGnyu has blocked me considering how they do not seem to acknowledge any of my posts lately. Doesn't mean much to me, I'll still reply to provide counterarguments for anyone else who may be reading, but I am curious.

ac scratch sale or premium sale would be nice...thats what ppl actually buy...heard of some getting 400% to test them but everyone said theyre trash and dont make a diff...never liked many sales on jp either...even more those i saw while reading comments...40$ for a rainbow key no ty...not that desperate to get a few lvl ups...same as not being desperate to have a slightly higher % drop chance....250% boosts all the way

@JuggernautGTX Well the Rainbow Key Pack is the most questionable value in the present JP packs, but you have to admit that it has far more value than the current 9300 AC pack that NA/Global has. If you look at the other JP packs like the Item Pack Set, Recommended Starter Set, 8th Anniversary Set, or even just the Premium Set, they actually have bang for your buck.

Like just compare those to the packs we have: https://pso2.com/news/announcements/acshopsale0801

I can actually see people buying some of the JP packs. but I don't see why anyone would want to buy the NA/Global packs. Like it doesn't make marketing sense. Like even without taking into consideration the JP packs, I don't understand the marketing strategy of the NA/Global packs.

@Archetype-Luna they should sell anti "game doesn copy itself into another folder multiple times and keeps you from playing because you uninstall and download all over" packs...ill buy those for 100 bucks....oh no wait steam is coming god bless