A general tip in Ultimates -

Something I've found useful -

If you're one of the "dash ahead before everyone else" people, when you get to a spawn spot, if you immediately turn back towards the group you can usually bottleneck almost all of the enemies. They are hyper aggressive and most will usually run right past you to head towards someone else in the group anyway, so why not clump them up and make it easier on everyone instead of solo heroing your way to the very back of the group?

I've become one of the dash ahead people, specifically so I can do this and spam the heck out of Zondeel in the bottleneck to smash entire spawns together for easy killing.

What's your general tip?

Don't bring NPCs/AI Partners with you into Ultimate EVER

@Blue-Froman said in A general tip in Ultimates -:

Don't bring NPCs/AI Partners with you into Ultimate EVER

It's honestly amazing, I've seen so many groups that are filled out with AI partners and not even in "free recruitment" mode the past week or two. It's to the point where I can't actually avoid them if I just solo queue ultimate, so I have to look at the list of active parties and see if there's any room above 8 people that doesn't have any AI parties in it.

The problem with Ultimate is that it doesn't feel hard, but it feels like my attacks do nothing LOL Also why do people keep cycling around? I'd like to finish the quest and get it done. It's ok to be thorough but at what point are you going to finish?

@Richardaro From what I've seen around, what people usually look for in Ultimates are the Anga boss for rares and lots of exp to 70-75 with exp buffs. So to do the stage's boss, ask for a party. I have never done it myself because I join for randoms. But if I want to take on it, I should be asking for an actual party to do it. From what I heard, NPCs are not that useful on those bosses anyway.

As my general tip? If you want to truly support and you have nothing on your l ring slot, get and use an atomizer L ring. This allows you to speed up the use of ALL atomizers, not just Moons. I also heard you get some i-frames out of it as well. These perks work for a level 1 ring, so there's no need to even grind it unless you want to slightly buff the item effects.

the only real important tip - if you're the party leader and need to leave, please pass leader to someone before dragging everyone back to the lobby.

@Richardaro Point is to farm for rares, so people stretch out Angas. Don't normally care for the end boss, although not sure if it gives anything good either.

@Richardaro said in A general tip in Ultimates -:

The problem with Ultimate is that it doesn't feel hard, but it feels like my attacks do nothing LOL Also why do people keep cycling around? I'd like to finish the quest and get it done. It's ok to be thorough but at what point are you going to finish?

The reason people go into ultimates is to farm for the 13* nemesis/slave weapons, which aren't more likely to drop from the final boss. So you just run around in the first area forever, until you get bored of it.

If you wanna do the quest (like for the SG campaign) it's probably best to try to get a full group of 4 who just want that + then go in and run to the boss a few times. When I did the SG stuff, I just got 3 friends and bossrushed 5 times in otherwise empty instances.