Reviews on PSO2 on Switch in JP

I know that the Nintendo Switch version of PSO2 is already released in Japan. What I don't know is a look at how they are actually playing the game, and whether the Switch version is worth playing.

I got a friend of mine that I want to join me in playing PSO2, but he's a console gamer, mainly plays on Nintendo Switch.

What I've finding out is that the game itself will be in cloud storage, so no big download. Which is good.

Of course, historically PSO2 had a portable option, the PS Vita, which unfortunately, discontinued and its servers in JP, are shut down.

So the only portable option would be the Nintendo Switch.

I hope that anyone that has seen how the game looks on Nintendo Switch could give details that can compare between the systems.

Considering that PSO2 will be on all outlets eventually, I would definitely like for all to experience this game, based on the very first MMORPG on Earth, PSO.

Also, if it was available on Switch, would anyone take PSO2 with them??

@Sinventus I would just wait for PSO2 to land on xCloud and play it on my cellphone.

Not sure how those controls would work, but better to play it on something that is always on me rather than buying something new.

Switch version is cloud gaming, you are streaming the game. Expect input lag over long distance, had people try the JP Switch version from overseas, they said they constantly getting 630'd but at least they got their zelda fashion items.

PS Vita still working until September, it's not shut down just yet.

All platforms cross-play on the same servers for JP.

The cloud version of the game is not reasonably playable unless you are either within or in somewhat close proximity to Japan, so that being said, best to abandon that dream.

@Sinventus said in Reviews on PSO2 on Switch in JP:

the PS Vita, which unfortunately, discontinued

It's the fact that PSO2 is no longer being held back by the Vita that NGS was able to be made.

@HarmlessSyan said in Reviews on PSO2 on Switch in JP:

had people try the JP Switch version from overseas, they said they constantly getting 630'd but at least they got their zelda fashion items.

Yep this was my experience. PS4 version is a lot easier to play.

tumblr_pesgcrNd1j1ropumpo1_1280.jpg

(Toro and Kuro's friend cards can only be obtained on PSN. This was taken on PC. please ignore the typos, the Odin mag design is from FFXIV and Dengeki Playstation isn't just PS2)

Maybe if we had the fiber optic infrastructure Japan has it wouldn't be as much of a problem (all the cloud games for Switch are Japan-exclusive because of this so don't expect a Switch release for NA, please complain to your local cable company as they are all to blame for this).

damn you can barely see Saturn there

well in resume like it was said Switch version is a cloud service stream that works pretty well in Japan and horribly outside of the country and if you think that it can come to the global version well don't expect much that to happen Japan infrastructure of internet is way more advanced that you can find in 1st class countries so it will take some years to have the infrastructure to pull a cloud service like that