ATTN SEGA: Cross Region Play

Hi Sega,

I feel like Iโ€™m speaking on behalf of your Phantasy Star fan base when I request that Cross Region play be announced and integrated. This will make a lot of fans incredibly happy. It doesnโ€™t need to be available at day one, but it should be something that is actively worked on and plans should be put in place to make this a thing.

Sincerely, Longtime PSO Fan

๐Ÿ˜ธ

They won't region lock. They already don't in SEGA JP. Whether or not that will stay, is up to them.

@coldreactive said in ATTN SEGA: Cross Region Play:

They won't region lock. They already don't in SEGA JP. Whether or not that will stay, is up to them.

They actually did region lock JP servers at the beginning for quite some time. They removed it when the playerbase dwindled overtime.

But to the OP, region lock is already confirmed to not exist in the NA version. NA and JP will be the only open servers as far as I know and EU servers aren't confirmed nor hinted at.

We'll isn't that what they wanted 8 years ago.. a universal server then all of a sudden it was a Japan exclusive? Don't see the problem with a unversal server anyway. It'll bring gamers together from different cultures. It could have been a blast.

Oh well..๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I am really asking to be able to play with my fellow JP players (EU too). Having cross region blocks or some universal servers would work. Itโ€™s nice to have others to play with at 3 in the morning ๐Ÿ™‚

@GamerKillance said in ATTN SEGA: Cross Region Play:

They actually did region lock JP servers at the beginning for quite some time. They removed it when the playerbase dwindled overtime.

But to the OP, region lock is already confirmed to not exist in the NA version. NA and JP will be the only open servers as far as I know and EU servers aren't confirmed nor hinted at.

Not for north america or europe. Both me and a friend from the UK could play fine on release. The UK friend played during PSO2 JP's closed beta.

@ThothAsher said in ATTN SEGA: Cross Region Play:

I am really asking to be able to play with my fellow JP players (EU too). Having cross region blocks or some universal servers would work. Itโ€™s nice to have others to play with at 3 in the morning ๐Ÿ™‚

The PSO2JP servers will be separate from our version, considering our client will be behind theirs in version / features. You won't be able to transfer / play from / with people on PSO2JP.

Would be a pipedream in the long run... Maybe they could finally have a united playerbase. And then they could bring back quick text and it would actually be useful for communicating!

KONDIRU is late!
>Everyone

@Rantious said in ATTN SEGA: Cross Region Play:

Would be a pipedream in the long run... Maybe they could finally have a united playerbase. And then they could bring back quick text and it would actually be useful for communicating!

KONDIRU is late!
>Everyone

Shortcut words are in the game. Using the commands like...

/s1

Will cause you to use Shortcut 1. You can have up to 50 (IE: /s50)

KONDIRU is late!
>Everyone

Not even using the same servers so it definitely won't ever happen. Also the promotions and censoring would cause problems. Times have changed and restrictions are everywhere these days.

KONDIRU is late!
>Everyone

Shortcut words are in the game. Using the commands like...

/s1

Will cause you to use Shortcut 1. You can have up to 50 (IE: /s50)

I meant more so using quick text to speak a common language so to say. If you speak Italian and I speak English, but we both use quick text that maps Italian onto English and vice versa we'd be able to communicate through that despite not being able to speak the same language.

Are the shortcuts you're referring to customized/freely entered text? Or is it prebuilt?

Are the shortcuts you're referring to customized/freely entered text? Or is it prebuilt?

They're text boxes you can freely change, and have commands put into them.

Jp was never region locked. Certain internet providers maybe but I've been on jp server's from the start but doubtful they would ever do cross region a lot of ads I see everyday dont exist stateside

Sharing the same servers worldwide could be cool. Worldwide servers also has it's own set of challenges though. PSO2 is a pretty old game and has it's own established community which makes such a change even harder from both a community and tech perspective. I'm just happy that the game is officially releasing in English at this point.

Not for north america or europe. Both me and a friend from the UK could play fine on release. The UK friend played during PSO2 JP's closed beta.

The PSO2JP servers will be separate from our version, considering our client will be behind theirs in version / features. You won't be able to transfer / play from / with people on PSO2JP.

Idk I needed a VPN back in 2015 when i first played this game. Wouldn't let me connect without some IP coming from JP.

Idk I needed a VPN back in 2015 when i first played this game. Wouldn't let me connect without some IP coming from JP.

As someone said before, it wasn't actually Japan blocking it. It was several ISPs in foreign countries that blocked it, including the USA. A few ISPs, like I think Comcast, were always able to connect to PSO2 without a proxy or VPN.