I'm excited yet anxious about my friends jumping on.

Over the course of a couple weeks I've been able to introduce the game to my wife and now she finally feels comfortable and not overwhelmed by the new user experience. I don't think things would have gone so smoothly had I not be able to go over to her computer to point things out or explain with my voice. I'm am now dreading having to help my friends acclimate from long distance because of how obtuse this game is. Everything from "Talk to Avin" to "press shift (or x) in the main menu to bring up missions" to "Hold shift (or LR) to multiselect in inventory" to "Talk to Cofy" to "Yea you fed your MAG the wrong items for you class so it's kind of messed up" to "Only Material Storage lets you create things from storage" to "No you want to accept in current block so that we can select a menu that allows us to easily accept certain client orders... yes only certain ones, I know it's weird". I feel like I've had to make up so much of what this game lacks in communication. Does anyone else feel anxious?

Yeah. I have my own little quick starter guide for my friends. A hope the beauty and experience keeps them. ;~)

o/ =^.^=

my very very first day of pso2 jp i have watched more guides on youtube than actually playing the game...if ep 3 in na is confusing it will get even more confusing with ep4 and the new stuff thats being added...a rl friend of mine quitted the game back in jp entirely because he didn enjoy to not understand most parts of it (even with me explaining) and doesn wanna come back even after the steam release...he even wants to avoid ng (after i hyped about it for a full day on last saturday) cause hes afraid its "the same stuff all over again" ...he enjoys easy to understand games on the level of....tetris

Yeah this game is very complex and finding information is so hard to do. It doesn't help when using google and that awful subreddit keep removing people's questions and tells them to use the weekly threads that just get nuked... very frustrating.

PSO2 has alot of hidden things that isn't explained very well for newcomers.

But you follow the Main Missions in ARKS Mission, it should give people a basic idea.

I am feeling the same thing! This game is so new to me, I just started this week, and I kind of feel like the blind leading the blind. Hopefully my friends and I can stumble along and figure it out together. One of my friends was also a PSO player on GameCube, so at least I think he'll stick around.

I like games that don't hold your hand. My first week has been a lot of tutorials and reading, and I'm still having fun.

@Theolla said in I'm excited yet anxious about my friends jumping on.:

I am feeling the same thing! This game is so new to me, I just started this week, and I kind of feel like the blind leading the blind. Hopefully my friends and I can stumble along and figure it out together. One of my friends was also a PSO player on GameCube, so at least I think he'll stick around.

I like games that don't hold your hand. My first week has been a lot of tutorials and reading, and I'm still having fun.

Truth! I myself hadn't played anything almost literally since PSO on the DreamCast. A little but on the GameCube but never no where near my DreamCast glory.

But yeah. One of the reasons this is my GomL (Game of My Life), 40yrs+ and counting!, is its sheer and utter brutality of complexity. Even back on the DreamCast my favorite thing to say was something along the lines of "Man the amount of explorable area suck elephant balls! But its so beautiful and fun. And the the item complexity is near infinite!"

The "Explorable Area" is still kind of an issue. Although I would say much increased/improved. But even as only played NA basis I'm starting to recognize terrain to the point that I can see multiple planets' ground overlay... overlaid on said terrain. But again its so beautiful and fun! So on the whole not too bad.

It is exciting to see NGS having what is being called "Open-Field" which while still yet a further improvement. Unless there is some bad translation going on between JP and NA shops. That sounds still a bit "terrain/area repetitve" albeit hopefully takes a lot longer to realized "Hey, I've been here before. On multiple levels." Literally and figuratively.

Vs. a truly open world. Where there are locations/destinations one can travel to and fro. With all manner if distance and interim destinations along the way. And off to the side. Etc. etc. Maybe a truly open world will be a "PSO3" thing. 😱 😹

o/ =^.^=