What was your favorite PSO1 character class, and will it effect the character you build in PSO2?

@Rantious said in What was your favorite PSO1 character class, and will it effect the character you build in PSO2?:

@John-Paul-RAGE said in What was your favorite PSO1 character class, and will it effect the character you build in PSO2?:

@Rantious I really hope TJS comes back at the end of the game, just as OP as it was before. I have faith with one of the weapons they added.

http://wiki.pioneer2.net/index.php?title=Bringer's_Rifle

I think it is one of the only "monster part" weapons in PSO2 that was in EP I & II.

But most people that had the TSJ got it from a cheater online. The drop rates for it are probably the worst I have ever seen in a video game....

Screenshot_20200223-154633_Chrome.jpg

I mean, those rates are phenomenal compared to PSO v1 on DC lmfao. Drops back then were regularly abysmal like this one for p-wand: 1/1497966

And yes, Bringer's Rifle is 10/10 best rifle.

The drop rates in PSOv1 literally no made me want to tear my eyes out lol not to mention upon death your weapon and money appeared on the ground. It made for some unique online interactions to say the least!

@ShadyMilkman oh yeah, I forgot about that!

That game was intense. I also remember being a Hunter and using the Spreadshot+99. I think everything was grindable that high?

There was also the double-saber glitch. You could get through any locked door with one.

I loving HUnewearl, like the Weapons and the Techniques. Its all in one 😛 So i choose FO/HU. I think its fun again 🙂

I made mine to try and look as close to the one from PSO and in my avatar, but with spiky yellow hair. I like it so far but cant wait for the actual retro pso outfits to match the clothes 😮

@mickschen HUnewearl was really cool! Especially the mid-level techs!

@Hengbok Awesome! The RAmar outfit's gonna look great!

I enjoyed all the classes in PSO. Choices of character really boiled down to what I could do with their appearance due to the limitations of character customization back then.

@ShadyMilkman Very cool! I loved the FOnewm as well. Great, great character.

@Rantious Really enjoyed RAmarl as well, definitely the best solo player IMO- being able to buff yourself up to S/D 20 is so great!

@ZephyrAM HUcaseal is an amazing character! And completely agreed with you Re: "true, online PSO2" - hope to play with ya sometime.

@John-Paul-RAGE You are so, so right about each one of them being uniquely awesome. T-Jsword is definitely one of the best weapons - right up there with Psycho Wand!

@BlackRadient Never got a chance to play PSU but I really wish I did! Looked amazing and I've heard nothing but good things!

@Berry FOnewearl is really great 🙂 Also, that's really cool that you have the costumes on the JP version! Cannot wait until they show up in NA!

I never played the original PSO, or PSU. The only "PSU" Title I played was Phantasy Star Portable (the first one.) I had no real life friends who also owned the exceedingly rare title (In the midwest), so I couldn't really play it with anyone. I never really ended up with a "Main class," since I could barely do most missions as it is without help at the time, because I'm terrible at action combat on controllers.

@Ukyo-Sonoda True! Things were pretty limited customization-wise! But I liked how some of the armors had different effects too. Like Virus Armor Lafuteria and Chu Chu Fever!

@coldreactive Portable was really fun! Sequel was great too! So PSO2 is your first online one?

@RAcast said in What was your favorite PSO1 character class, and will it effect the character you build in PSO2?:

@coldreactive Portable was really fun! Sequel was great too! So PSO2 is your first online one?

Yes, it is. I've been trying some of the classes on PSO2JP, Summoner is nice so far. I got it to 75, and have been trying some of the other classes since, mostly force with sub techter. I've never been big on melee classes in action games, because I often get myself killed really easy since I'm no good with timing things, thus guarding is out of the question.

FOnewearl is my favorite! I did try making a FOnewearl on the JP servers if my avatar isn't a giveaway, though it was more in looks than gameplay; I made her a summoner! I'm also thinking of raising etoile on her too since the floaty movement kind of reminds me of Force; I wasn't able to much get into the actual Force though haha. As for the NA version, I think I'll just try something completely new!

@coldreactive said in What was your favorite PSO1 character class, and will it effect the character you build in PSO2?:

@RAcast said in What was your favorite PSO1 character class, and will it effect the character you build in PSO2?:

Yes, it is. I've been trying some of the classes on PSO2JP, Summoner is nice so far. I got it to 75, and have been trying some of the other classes since, mostly force with sub techter. I've never been big on melee classes in action games, because I often get myself killed really easy since I'm no good with timing things, thus guarding is out of the question.

Come play BB with me homie 😎

@John-Paul-RAGE said in What was your favorite PSO1 character class, and will it effect the character you build in PSO2?:

@ShadyMilkman oh yeah, I forgot about that!

That game was intense. I also remember being a Hunter and using the Spreadshot+99. I think everything was grindable that high?

There was also the double-saber glitch. You could get through any locked door with one.

the real question is if you mean the original spread needle, or the v.2 and later one. the first one could stun-lock entire rooms full of enemies in the ruins, after v.2 though they nerfed its range.