Make PSO2 Available for SEA region

I played SEA ver. before and other games as well. They always spam RMT on there servers. That's something that I don't like nor want to see here.

@Pulptenks said in Make PSO2 Available for SEA region:

@Dark-Falz-Persona said in Make PSO2 Available for SEA region:

Lmao this kind of behavior. How about be a better person and not taking bad example from bad people? lol

Hm no, I still disagree. We're constantly blocked from playing there. They refuse to let us in, why should we? If that makes me a bad person then I'll deal with being one.

And we know how it is to deal with SEA players. "Lul muricans" even when we're from somewhere else.

Then I hope the majority of NA players aren't like you.

Doing some digging around I believe I may have a theory as to whats going on. The countries that are supported as part of PSO2's 'global launch' are based on the countries which have official Xbox Live support.

https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/live/regions

From this list countries are removed over time due to a wide variety of factors.

• Japan cause... well, they already have PSO2 JP.
  • South Korea due to local rating boards probably not being contend with the specific portrayals of Japanese content... especially with how EPISODE 4 has you fighting a World War 2 era battleship as a boss.
  • Belgium due to their ban on loot boxes.
  • Netherland... is a bit of a weird removal which I can chalk up to a goof (similar to what happened to Puerto Rico which I will get to) or them being unsure about lootbox laws in the region.

To cover very quickly... Puerto Rico's removal seems to have been a mess-up on Sega's end. You'll notice that Puerto Rico's not in the list of supported Xbox Live games... and thats cause the Microsoft Store considers the country part of "United States". However, Steam's store setup considers support for the US and Puerto Rico as two different countries.... so what most likely happened is that whoever setup the Steam store was not aware of this handling and assumed that setting the game's availability to "United States" on Steam would do the same as setting it to that on the Microsoft Store... the Steam store page is still unfinished so there is still time to address this.

But this topic is about availability in South East Asia and why Sega's chosen to limit themselves to regions that Xbox Live's services are available in when other games on Steam supporting Xbox Live are available worldwide is not something that I can answer unfortunately. All that can be said is; Xbox Live is not supported officially in your region therefore PSO2 is not available there.

I should mention that whats going on here is very similar to what happens with a lot of En Masse versions of MMOs like TERA or Closers Online which tend to be very On and Off about what parts of South East Asia are supported. Though circumstances are different, it can count as some alternative things to consider as to why the game isn't available there:

Licensing agreements

En Masse doesn't always have global permission to share games. It's pretty common for games to have different publishers for different regions. IP addresses are blocked for countries where we don't have a license to publish the game.

US trade embargoes

En Masse is based in Seattle, WA, United States, and we must comply with US laws. Because of this we must block countries where there's a US trade embargo.

We block IP addresses from high risk areas

To high quality of service for our players, we block IP addresses for countries that generate a lot of fraudulent traffic. We appreciate that there are honest players in these countries who'd enjoy playing on En Masse servers. Unfortunately, when a significant amount of traffic comes from cyber-criminals engaging in account theft, gold-farming, and hacking behavior, we need to protect the broader player base.

@Leonkh99 said in Make PSO2 Available for SEA region:

To high quality of service for our players, we block IP addresses for countries that generate a lot of fraudulent traffic. We appreciate that there are honest players in these countries who'd enjoy playing on En Masse servers. Unfortunately, when a significant amount of traffic comes from cyber-criminals engaging in account theft, gold-farming, and hacking behavior, we need to protect the broader player base.

Is this game blocked in China?

@Mattwo7 Yes. En Masse is a North American publisher (just to give some context).

@jomarcentermjm I think we should gather together the players on southeast asia together to ask them to open ip for us