Do we know who is on which platforms?(perhaps JP players will know)

So when it the game comes out for both Xbox and PC, Will we know who is playing on Xbox or PC? Like a small icon or color?

Or will it just be all the same and we just find when people mention it? Doesn't matter to me but didn't know if it was a feature or not. Might help if a player starts to mentioning something is wrong when playing and we try to help them figure out what is wrong.

they have platform specific lobbies in jp.

On the JP client you can set the characters overhead display to show what platform they are using or see if they have a PSN ID in their ARKs card:

pso20200223_074610_001.jpg pso20200223_075018_003.jpg

Could be different for NA.

@AnonMarc said in Do we know who is on which platforms?(perhaps JP players will know):

On the JP client you can set the characters overhead display to show what platform they are using or see if they have a PSN ID in their ARKs card:

pso20200223_074610_001.jpg pso20200223_075018_003.jpg

Could be different for NA.

that was implemented in the closed beta aswell, so im pretty sure it will continue.

Oh nice thanks everyone! @AnonMarc what is that drawing avatar in the 2nd screenshot? Are those custom uplaods or ingame unlockables? Im guessing its like a profile picture? 😮

@Hengbok They are made with the ingame Symbol art system. You can even use ones other people have created 🙂 untitled.png untitled.png

Omg I might be spending quite a bit of time on that 😮

@MEGAF1UX PS4 doesn't have platform-specific lobbies, they share the same lobbies with PC and "SONY" (PS Vita) blocks.

Only reason PS Vita had platform-specific lobbies the because of platform limitations (creating a quest on a Vita block had fewer enemies spawn onscreen). The manual leak seemed to indicate that Xbox One and PC will have no platform-specific lobbies... kinda like if the JP version was only on PC and PS4.

@Hengbok , to answer your question in full then, on JP you can see if that player has a PSN number on their profile and overhead display. As someone previously stated, this was present in the Closed Beta albeit with Xbox Live so maybe it will carry over too (though keep in mind that there's indications PC would use Microsoft IDs so Xbox Live Gamertags might be present with PC players too...)

@Leonkh99 said in Do we know who is on which platforms?(perhaps JP players will know):

@MEGAF1UX PS4 doesn't have platform-specific lobbies, they share the same lobbies with PC and "SONY" (PS Vita) blocks.

Only reason PS Vita had platform-specific lobbies the because of platform limitations (creating a quest on a Vita block had fewer enemies spawn onscreen). The manual leak seemed to indicate that Xbox One and PC will have no platform-specific lobbies... kinda like if the JP version was only on PC and PS4.

@Hengbok , to answer your question in full then, on JP you can see if that player has a PSN number on their profile and overhead display. As someone previously stated, this was present in the Closed Beta albeit with Xbox Live so maybe it will carry over too (though keep in mind that there's indications PC would use Microsoft IDs so Xbox Live Gamertags might be present with PC players too...)

i dont concern myself with dead platforms, the ps4 isnt dead yet. the lobbies are labeled "sony" which in my head means ps4.

@MEGAF1UX if you considered the "Sony" blocks platform-specific lobbies you may be mistaken as both PC and PS4 can go into those blocks and PS4 have access to the regular PC blocks. The Sony blocks are there only for Vita players.

@Leonkh99 i didnt say they didnt have access, just that they were labelled. to me its just so people on that platform can go there to meet other players ::ghasp:: ON those platforms.

@MEGAF1UX , right just wanted to explain their actual purpose, that they are mainly the blocks that Vita players aren't allowed to leave. However, PSO2 NA seems to be heading in the "all the lobbies are for both PC and Xbox One" that PS4 and PC have.

@Leonkh99 said in Do we know who is on which platforms?(perhaps JP players will know):

@MEGAF1UX , right just wanted to explain their actual purpose, that they are mainly the blocks that Vita players aren't allowed to leave. However, PSO2 NA seems to be heading in the "all the lobbies are for both PC and Xbox One" that PS4 and PC have.

Switch cloud blocks can also be visited by PC players. Though, while on PC, you don't gain the cloud-computing benefit that switch players have.

@coldreactive , what "Cloud Computing" benefit? The servers are the same across all versions.

PSO2 Cloud is not the game running natively on the Switch... its the game running on a Cloud Computer which has the game client. This Cloud Computer streams video to the Switch which streams button input. Lag results in Input Lag and bad video screen and if your connection is bad enough you will be booted. While the game runs on these Cloud Computers, its connecting to the Game Servers used for all versions of the game so no... Switch doesn't get any upgrades simply cause its Cloud based, its just the compromise SEGA came to rather than porting the 70 GB game to run natively on the Switch.

PSO2 NA is not Cloud Streamed like PSO2 Cloud, rather it has its game servers (as in the server software) hosted on Cloud Server. Regardless whether its hosted on physical Servers like in Japan or Azure Cloud like in the NA version, the functionalities of the Server Software remain unchanged... they host the game's Online sessions, Store the game's data, Allow for Chat messages to be sent, all the sort of thing that game servers do.

Basically to put it simply... its like saying Orange Juice and Apple Juice are the same thing simply cause they are Juices. I hope things are cleared up, if not... feel free to ask questions until things are clear. 🙂

PSO2 NA is not Cloud Streamed like PSO2 Cloud

Which is what I'm agreeing with.