Why are we from SEA region-locked? Is it just because we're mostly outside of the US-EU territory?

I thought PSO2 was going international with the way they introduced it slowly through NA, it probably is.

But I'm playing from SEA, and I can't access the Steam Page for their published PSO2 page. Please don't try to tell us to switch our country of origin either, that's not the point here.

As much as we from SEA want to support and enjoy the game through Steam, we ended up being locked out for the benefits, and ease of accessibility for other players who prefer the Steam Client.

So why is this still a thing in 2020?

Is this business, or is there discrimination?

Enlighten me, and maybe for the others as well. Peace.

Singapore's the only one from SEA to be included. Sucks to be Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines. And I'm from Indonesia.

Probably business, and it probably isn't discrimination since SEA used to be a thing. Put two and two together, if there was any, they wouldn't have done it in the first place. Must be another reason.

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Great Britain, United States

that is the available countries... it hardly makes any sense at all

half of EU is left out but somehow russia africa hong kong singapore etc are in

I'm guessing that they're only supporting countries that are in this list, other than a few exceptions (there's a few countries from that list that aren't supported as well, but seems like all suported countries appear in that list):

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/regions

@Ezodagrom If that's the reason, then it's the worst excuse of a reason to pull this stunt.

@Ezodagrom msedge_njbtL3nppN.png

thanks to this it seems to make even less sense... if we need to connect accounts via code it means we dont just log in with xbox. so why are only xbox live areas alowed. aditionally the game has not been brought over to west in 8 years so are there really regional restrictions elswhere than SEA blocking it?

@RemovableRogue The servers are running on Azure and there's an option to link your Xbox Live account.

@Mattwo7 so? the game is playable perfectly fine outside of the areas alowed on steam. and purchases are restricted outside of steam only by microsofts regional restrictions that wont even alow paypal transactions from other region. the entire steam lock is seemingly there just because its there

Who knows, maybe Asiasoft is butthurt that they failed to run PSO2. SEGA sold the publishing rights to Asiasoft in SEA, although the servers are no longer running, who knows what was in the contract.

Gamania/Beanfun ran the traditional Chinese version in Taiwan and Hong Kong - they are on the list.

Are the 33 additional countries listed here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/regions is final? I'm from the Philippines by the way and I always revisit the Steam page of PSO2 to see if there's a glimpse of hope of being available in my country.

Hello, I'm also from the PH and I just came to the forums for stuff whenever I get to play the game... anyway, first off, I just wanna say that I feel sad about this region lock and I feel ya, Raven. I wanted to play this game too since the E3 trailer. 😭

@Raven Not exactly. The 35 countries where PSO2 is supported are all in that list, but there's 7 countries from that list where the english version of PSO2 is not supported.

The full list of supported countries is here:

https://steamdb.info/sub/352891/

@ImperialOdin217 Yeah it sucks. I was expecting a "global" release but we could never be sure. Let's hope that we can play the game in August 5th.

@Ezodagrom Thank you for the update. So I guess all hope is lost for now to play the game.