Please revise your Steam region block.

I bet it'll take up to Episode 5 because that's the only logical way for the dev team to release a major update with those missing countries. Bet they wouldn't just release a separate regional update before Episode 5 arrives.

a region lock change like that does not need any uptate though, there would be nothing added to the game itself unless they somehow add localization that they didnt add to the countries included in the current list.

Funniest thing? If you look at Steam's "choose your country" thing for your profile and scroll through the U.S's countries, Puerto Rico is there, but it's also available as its own separate thing.

It's a bit clear Steam has no idea whatsoever where to put us.

@ImperialOdin217 said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

I bet it'll take up to Episode 5 because that's the only logical way for the dev team to release a major update with those missing countries. Bet they wouldn't just release a separate regional update before Episode 5 arrives.

They don't need to "release an update" at all. All they have to do is tell Steam that there was a screw up and to allow the countries that could already play through since Steam seems to consider them separately.

@Ephemiel This is a recurring problem with territories and the Internet. I'd dare say PR is not alone in this, but it's the only case I know because the constitution there made it not fully a colony but not fully a state. It's an hybrid. Even Virgin Islands has a better defined territory status than PR after that constitution. but by giving the people the so coveted US citizenship, I feel that should have more weight when an online company is labeling PR to conduct business with.

At this point, I'm so used to getting shafted just for being in PR, that all these issues weren't much of a surprise. But since I'm certainly a bit nostalgic for PSO, they do hurt a bit. I suppose SEGA just doesn't want our money 🤷

i am from Latvia and i was waiting this game to come out global like almost 8 years ,but i am getting cocked so hard here ...... Next time if i see its SEGA game i wont even bother with it . i am really sad and disappointed might as well go back to Japan version with translater at ship 2 ..... i wont touch microsoft store its cancer as for steam i cant even access it . I am always get region blocked as devs consider i am part of Russia and they will get their own release or has it but this time they are included and i am locked out LOOOOOOL . Life is wonderful isn't it .... p.s bought even new PC for it to play at max settings :x

@GM-Deynger Has there been any updates yet with the region locking?

@Ephemiel oh, okay. That sounds easier than I thought.

We're on week 3 of this whole thing and outside of "we told them", nothing has been done or said.

@Ephemiel said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

We're on week 3 of this whole thing and outside of "we told them", nothing has been done or said.

Meanwhile my laptop keeps spitting this game out of it's system.

I'm personally from Croatia, and I hate the fact that I can't play the game cus my region is not supported which I find absurd as every single game out there that's much bigger has support for my region so... I'm kind of puzzled on that. Hopefully they add more regions cus this a bit pretencious. And to think I was a huge fan of Sega since I was a baby basically...

i honestly don't wish to spam the GMs unnecessarily, but i think after a few weeks of not hearing anything happening in the background you'd think something must have moved forward...

@Zodiac862 now that you mentioned it, I'm thinking what you're thinking. Something must have moved forward at this point.

It does make you wonder how are they picking the countries... I understand that my country (Bulgaria) is not exactly known, but almost every game just makes a server for every EU country. You'd think SEGA, a company known well enough, will be able to afford one rather powerful server in a continent, especially one smaller than, say, the USA where they do have access.