Please revise your Steam region block.

So uhh.....the Hero and Heroine packs are STILL region locked. You guys might've forgotten to tell them to fix those too lol.

@Ephemiel said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

So uhh.....the Hero and Heroine packs are STILL region locked. You guys might've forgotten to tell them to fix those too lol.

They don't even show up on the MS store automatically. I had to search for them by exact name match. Another odd thing. This set comes as both a "pack" and as an "edition". I cannot buy the pack itself but can buy the edition, which costs exactly the same.

So, following these web links to the MS store, I can buy Hero edition and Heroine edition for $49.99 + tax each. But cannot buy Hero pack nor Heroine pack at all.

I'm assuming Steam sells the packs but not the editions so they may be there on the same terms. Now, don't ask me why they did it this way, as they only get to LOSE money by making it difficult to get. On the other hand, most, if not all of the cosmetics are tradeable and are being sold for cheap at the player market. So pay the 50 bucks if you just want the outfits and a bunch of consumables while feeling good for supporting Sega, or just buy the cosmetics off the player market for the meseta version of pocket change.

@GM-Deynger So uhh, any news on also fixing the packs? Cause they're still region locked for some reason.

Hopefully other sea region other than sg will be able to access to the game

@Edes said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

@ZorokiHanuke said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

@Zodiac862 Yep, they did

Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Estonia, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Slovenia, Aland Islands, American Samoa, Anguilla, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bermuda, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jersey, Martinique, Mayotte, Mexico, Montserrat, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Reunion, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Spain, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tokelau, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands, Great Britain, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Wallis and Futuna

Good to see that they added more countries, my country isn't on it (Costa Rica) but thankfully they are listening to the community, hopefully they work out the rights issues and are able to add more countries.

My country is next to Puerto Rico (Dominican Republic) and I have IP blocking. 😞

still no news about new regions 😕

Is there any hope for Egypt to be added on the list? I've been waiting for this game for quite a long time

Seems that for the rest of the countries, maybe petitions through support tickets may be the only way to at least be heard. As with the included regions, Sega never said anything. Changes happen to this game with no real public notices other than planned content releases. So send tickets to support and rally others on your countries to do the same and give Sega more reasons to allow entry.

On the other hand, also make sure your country isn't blocked for other reasons.

The Steam region block as been changed, as of around 17 hours ago. They switched it from being available in certain regions to not being available in certain regions, which effectively makes every region, aside from their listed regions, allowed to download now. Here is the list of blocked regions (all of the blocked regions in the world):

Netherlands Antilles, Belgium, Netherlands, China, Japan, Republic of Korea

Thank you pso2 team!, i hope they find a way to enable more regions soon !!!

@RacsoZen This may be all they regions they would be able to reach. Japan, of course, has it's own region. Belgium, as explained many times, has laws that prevent this game to be released as is, so it's effectively banned there. China has always been it's own little world, and don't know the particularities about the others. But wouldn't be surprised if it was because of laws as well.

@ZorokiHanuke for Korea, remember that their censorship board is a bit sensitive to depictions of Japanese culture in games, from my understanding at least, something which EPISODE 3 and 4 are full off. I recall even one game censoring Katanas in its Korean release, one of Braver's main weapons...

Other than that yea Netherlands and Belgium aren't allowed due to lootbox regulations, Japan cause they have their own version and China cause.... well, I don't really need to explain that one.

This is as good as it gets @RacsoZen .

@Leonkh99 The katana bit was a bit odd, since Koreans have made games that mesh Chinese and Japanese culture, like Blade and Soul. Though the weapons used there are more akin to Chinese swords than katanas. Maybe it's ok for them to make them, but not ok for others to bring them in.

I also do know that SK and Japan are not in the best of terms, and even had a recent issue with the American ambassador because he's half Japanese and Koreans didn't like his mustache. He ended up removing it, but due to the constant mask wearing of nowadays, but yeah, THAT was an issue...

@ZorokiHanuke Interestingly... back when the game was still in development, Sega planned to release a SEPARATE Korean version alongside the SEA and Taiwan version... in fact the Korean version was in fact the first non-Japanese release announced as a demo was shown off in 2011 while PSO2 JP was still in its first Alpha; during this time Sega of America couldn't confirm if PSO2 would release in the West and it wouldnt be till a year later for them to finally announce the game's Western release.... before the big delay eventually happened.

The Korean version remains 'delayed' to this day though I feel that perhaps its something the devs aren't too keen on doing anymore; when the Korean version was announced the future content wasn't planned just yet in its entirety.

Here are the only screenshots I could gather of the Korean version shown off in 2011: https://imgur.com/a/zIpgc6K

@Leonkh99 Well, I suppose the initial version didn't have Braver and katanas.