Please revise your Steam region block.

@Ephemiel said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

@Zodiac862 said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

@RemovableRogue I honestly really hope the GM replies because this is ridiculous. Why advertise the game as global release and you get 12 countries locked out of the store page?! I hate this silence. First the MS screw up of the year for making the game nuking itself without knowledge and lock you out of the file to try and recover it, even though you are the owner, now this?! And don't get me started on the tweaker because it didn't work either, and I am NOT doing hoops for the AC with the current state as it is locked out to US currency only. Please GMs, we need answers.

Best part is the excuses people are making FOR them, like saying only the countries where Xbox Live is a thing are allowed [which is not 100% correct since there's countries with Xbox Live that are region locked].

And if the problem is with the way Steam handles these regions, why not have them fix it by now? It's clear that it's super easy to do since the Steam page was originally available for everyone before they slapped on the locks, just tell Steam which regions should be allowed as well.

Wait, then if originally was available for everyone on the store initially before they put the locks then why locking our regions then? I mean as far as i know the lootboxes pso2 has aren't pay2win, mainly cosmetic. And the premium is mainly for extra convenience and to access the player shops. So what do you think was the reason behind it?

imo the european union thing is most bizzare since all euro zone countries share the same price range and currency so only the 2 that got anti lootbox laws have any reason to be left out at all

@RemovableRogue I'm really hoping the GM breaks this silence...

@RemovableRogue I honestly really hope the GM replies because this is ridiculous. Why advertise the game as global release and you get 12 countries locked out of the store page?! I hate this silence. First the MS screw up of the year for making the game nuking itself without knowledge and lock you out of the file to try and recover it, even though you are the owner, now this?! And don't get me started on the tweaker because it didn't work either, and I am NOT doing hoops for the AC with the current state as it is locked out to US currency only. Please GMs, we need answers.

Best part is the excuses people are making FOR them, like saying only the countries where Xbox Live is a thing are allowed [which is not 100% correct since there's countries with Xbox Live that are region locked].

And if the problem is with the way Steam handles these regions, why not have them fix it by now? It's clear that it's super easy to do since the Steam page was originally available for everyone before they slapped on the locks, just tell Steam which regions should be allowed as well.

Wait, then if originally was available for everyone on the store initially before they put the locks then why locking our regions then? I mean as far as i know the lootboxes pso2 has aren't pay2win, mainly cosmetic. And the premium is mainly for extra convenience and to access the player shops. So what do you think was the reason behind it?

I'm going to have to agree with a comment someone else made. He mentioned that the most likely reason is that the MS Store, Xbox and Steam simply have different ways of handling these regions, some have them together like they should while Steam has them as separate regions and countries and Sega either didn't notice or didn't care.

@Ephemiel both steam and xbox live seem to leave out Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Slovenia steam also leaves out Belgium and Netherlands because those 2 got the lootbox laws

@IAMCRAIG said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

It quite possibly is due to some of the laws in said regions preventing it.

We really trying to say this again when the problem is that regions that can play the game RIGHT NOW can't access the Steam version when they're supposed to be the same one?

Except you already technically couldn't with the MS version? There's a reason why people in EU had to buy xbox giftcards to make ingame purchases.

It's a bit clear you didn't read this thread.

Okay, so can all of these regions purchase AC with their local currency, or do they need to go through different sources? Or rather does your region allow you to do so? I say your region because my alliance has people from the EU that have to do roundabout ways to actually purchase stuff. Because of it being like this in some places I asked about the affected regions to see if it was something that people needed to yell at their government about.

Now if you're solely talking about one area (Puerto Rico, apparently?), then maybe say so before being an antagonistic little turd about it, thinking the other person should know exactly what you're talking about.

His region is Puerto Rico. He CAN download the game and purchase stuff normally through the MS store. No extra hoops. He's an America citizen who's been cucked because someone at Sega thought either PR was auto included with USA when adding countries to Steam, or someone deliberately left the island out of it. So yes, there is something else going on here.

So still Region Block on Steam and the event is this week, Thanks SEGA, you lost a costumer.

The fact that the game is on the SEGA page in Steam, but I can't access the game page itself is pretty torturing.

28c315c4-2c7b-41c9-a53c-cee49c82fe72-image.png

ffab68d5-cb6c-4e38-8dc1-1ef4058ef451-image.png

@Neosayayin said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

So still Region Block on Steam and the event is this week, Thanks SEGA, you lost a costumer.

Not just "this week", it's literally tomorrow.

I did well on focusing on FFXIV since its 5.3 patch is next week.

This post is deleted!

@Zodiac862 and still no response from the GM... 😔

from devs more likely , somehow i doubt GM would leave us hanging if he had the info.

@RemovableRogue At this point i lost hope with this game... I never got to try it due to MS version nuked itself on the first try, so not even a character has been made. And i dread to think the future of New Genesis if they keep the same system. It's more frustrating watching on the sidelines not being able to do anything.

what pisses me off is piles and piles of steam exclusive rewards while they literally block ppl who can play from getting them

first the valve stuff now https://pso2.com/news/announcements/bonussteamloginrewards how many times are they gna rub the salt in wound