Please revise your Steam region block.

It's a bit odd since, realistically, it seems to be extremely easy to fix this since the Steam release was opened to EVERYONE when it was added, which means it was quickly and manually changed to only allow the specific regions.

@Ephemiel It's what makes me think the lock had all the intention of being made, and there's no mistakes on their part. Like others, this will only dwindle my drive to keep playing, and my money simply going elsewhere, as unimportant as that may be for anybody.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

@Ephemiel It's what makes me think the lock had all the intention of being made, and there's no mistakes on their part. Like others, this will only dwindle my drive to keep playing, and my money simply going elsewhere, as unimportant as that may be for anybody.

Yeah. By now, it should be obvious that, even if the GM say something, he was ignored completely. The maintenance is tomorrow and they've said absolutely nothing.

when profit hungry big companies decide ur money is not worth unchecking a box in options....

It quite possibly is due to some of the laws in said regions preventing it. One example would be the EU signing that big anti-lootbox law into legislation. Also while this is hearsay, I've heard gambling laws in the EU are quite a bit stricter than anywhere else.

I have no life and could try looking up local laws for your regions to see if it's more of a case that Sega can't legally release PSO2 there (without greasing some palms at least, because yay, lobbying, woo.) and is something to yell at your government about.

edit: I mean come on, look at the bugs, garbled translated text that makes no sense sometimes (or "gods be, operative") and more means Sega has no qualms about getting the game out everywhere it can as quickly as possible. What self-respecting faceless corporation turns away money anyways?

@GM-Deynger Dear PSO2 GM, It's been 3 days since we have heard from anything regarding the steam region lock issue that by now there must have been some answers related to it. Has there been any update regarding this? Please give us some answers.

@IAMCRAIG said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

It quite possibly is due to some of the laws in said regions preventing it.

We really trying to say this again when the problem is that regions that can play the game RIGHT NOW can't access the Steam version when they're supposed to be the same one?

@Ephemiel this. PR we play via xbox or MS store just fine but can't via steam cuz... Yes? Doesnt make sence at all.

@Ephemiel said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

We really trying to say this again when the problem is that regions that can play the game RIGHT NOW can't access the Steam version when they're supposed to be the same one?

Except you already technically couldn't with the MS version? There's a reason why people in EU had to buy xbox giftcards to make ingame purchases.

Except you already technically couldn't with the MS version? There's a reason why people in EU had to buy xbox giftcards to make ingame purchases.

It's a bit clear you didn't read this thread.

Okay, so can all of these regions purchase AC with their local currency, or do they need to go through different sources? Or rather does your region allow you to do so? I say your region because my alliance has people from the EU that have to do roundabout ways to actually purchase stuff. Because of it being like this in some places I asked about the affected regions to see if it was something that people needed to yell at their government about.

Now if you're solely talking about one area (Puerto Rico, apparently?), then maybe say so before being an antagonistic little turd about it, thinking the other person should know exactly what you're talking about.

Okay, so can all of these regions purchase AC with their local currency, or do they need to go through different sources? Or rather does your region allow you to do so? I say your region because my alliance has people from the EU that have to do roundabout ways to actually purchase stuff. Because of it being like this in some places I asked about the affected regions to see if it was something that people needed to yell at their government about.

Now if you're solely talking about one area (Puerto Rico, apparently?), then maybe say so before being an antagonistic little turd about it, thinking the other person should know exactly what you're talking about.

So you came here just to troll. Good to know.

READ the damn thread before running your mouth next time.

@GM-Deynger can we atleast get the reason why we are not alowed to play steam version in other regions? im particulary interested in case of estonia myself. finland is in the list and as far as i know we dont have stricter laws that would hinder a release here, we also share the same currency and pricing for steam as both countries are in the euro zone and european union.

@RemovableRogue I honestly really hope the GM replies because this is ridiculous. Why advertise the game as global release and you get 12 countries locked out of the store page?! I hate this silence. First the MS screw up of the year for making the game nuking itself without knowledge and lock you out of the file to try and recover it, even though you are the owner, now this?! And don't get me started on the tweaker because it didn't work either, and I am NOT doing hoops for the AC with the current state as it is locked out to US currency only. Please GMs, we need answers.

@Zodiac862 said in Please revise your Steam region block.:

@RemovableRogue I honestly really hope the GM replies because this is ridiculous. Why advertise the game as global release and you get 12 countries locked out of the store page?! I hate this silence. First the MS screw up of the year for making the game nuking itself without knowledge and lock you out of the file to try and recover it, even though you are the owner, now this?! And don't get me started on the tweaker because it didn't work either, and I am NOT doing hoops for the AC with the current state as it is locked out to US currency only. Please GMs, we need answers.

Best part is the excuses people are making FOR them, like saying only the countries where Xbox Live is a thing are allowed [which is not 100% correct since there's countries with Xbox Live that are region locked].

And if the problem is with the way Steam handles these regions, why not have them fix it by now? It's clear that it's super easy to do since the Steam page was originally available for everyone before they slapped on the locks, just tell Steam which regions should be allowed as well.