Did you like Suikoden?

Because I did. Unfortunately, it seems Konami isn't wanting to make a new Suikoden any time soon. So a few of the developers for Suikoden games have come together to make a spiritual successor:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rabbitandbearstudios/eiyuden-chronicle-hundred-heroes

the opening cinematic of Suikoden III is still one of my favorite game openings. they are great games.

@MiyenHalo said in Did you like Suikoden?:

the opening cinematic of Suikoden III is still one of my favorite game openings. they are great games.

I never got to play the first through the third, because I'm a pleb, and wasn't capable of finding most rare games. I don't have a PlayStation TV nor a PS3, so I can't buy 1-3 on PSN.

ah that sucks. I actually thought about buying a couple extra PS2s just in case. They can play my ps1 games too. Suikoden tactics was good as well, but a bit short.

@MiyenHalo said in Did you like Suikoden?:

ah that sucks. I actually thought about buying a couple extra PS2s just in case. They can play my ps1 games too. Suikoden tactics was good as well, but a bit short.

Buying a PS2 might be easier to be honest, just finding the games would be tough. Even then, some PSOne games are really fickle. I know for a fact that Chrono Cross hates even a subtle smudge or scratch.

If Suikoden is the tactical RPG one I am thinking of , yes actually I played all 3 in a row. I enjoyed the story, though it's been so long since I played that game. I remember there was a boy, and some other smart guy who was making money off the war and some girl begged him to help and he was reluctant at first. Correct me if I'm wrong.

@Richardaro said in Did you like Suikoden?:

yes actually I played all 3 in a row

There's 5 mainline games, and Tactics. We don't talk about Tierkreis.

Each game allows you to recruit up to 108 characters, not all of them do battle. Some support or become residents in a castle, town, fortress, etc.