Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?

Form Scythe can be beaten by lavis cannon @Demilune which is a 14* wand that is insanely powerful.

Yes I've heard of that one but I wonder if it will be in EP 4, and in any case, if it's 14* it's going to be even harder to get it I'd imagine.

@Demilune The first big UQ boss of Ep4 should drop lavis cannon IF sega didnt mess with its loot table.

@Aeo-Eclipse That sounds like it will be hard to get. As already mentioned in this thread 14* weapons are already hard enough to get but an XH urget quest boss? That's even more impossible. Even the weapon description on the Japanese version says barely even anyone knows about it (how very self aware lol).

You'd have better luck getting the Ceres Ignatos Zara (yellow hunting stones were left in the game after the MH collab, you use them to buy the Ceres Ignatos then use them to upgrade them at Zieg Jig Zig), Ares Wand, Eightrei Mirage, Dim Wand, Blood Pyrus or any 14* exchange weapons (there's a couple of es exclusives that will probably be exchangeable like the rest but for a rarer item)

@Mattwo7 From what I remember, the EP4 14* Weapons, while technically BIS, were so rare that no one considered them to be part of the meta due to the impracticality of finding one. You basically won the RNG lottery if you found one.

@Archetype-Luna Well as I said, there were some exchange weapons and you could upgrade the 13* Ceres weapons to 14* Ceres Zara weapons. The Ceres Zara weapons were most likely a far cry from BiS (Ceres Ignatos Zara is the third weakest 14* wand just going by the base stats alone) but I'd wager Ceres Ignatos Zara is far better than Form Scythe...

@Mattwo7 Oh I was talking about the ones that you had to get as a drop.

@Archetype-Luna The question was if Form Scythe was worth buying right now, which is why I'm saying "probably not because Ceres is probably better"

Granted we don't know if the Ceres weapons will be in the NA version or if the method of obtainment will be the same. The dataminers would probably know better than me anyway.

i hope we get more variance, nemesis and slave are just too much i can't afford them

@FerventPond3601 If you weeklies and yerkes, you should get 7.5 mil a week if you have 3 characters at 50 or higher, saving for 2-4 weeks should get you a nemesis or slave. You can also get a bit more if you also do the 100k+ meseta daily orders; most of them are either fishing for a certain item or kill a boss/clear a mission on SH; Bar Lodos' order gives you 250k for killing him, so with 3 characters that is 750k.

On paper, Form Scythe might not look that amazing if you just do a straight comparison. In practice though it's a beast and at or near the top of the wand list simply due to the beams it shoots when doing any melee attacks. IIRC it took until Lavis Cannon itself before something took it's spot on JP. Riding Quests should also drop it much more often than whatever its current sources do.

@Mattwo7 said in Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?:

You'd have better luck getting the Ceres Ignatos Zara (yellow hunting stones were left in the game after the MH collab, you use them to buy the Ceres Ignatos then use them to upgrade them at Zieg Jig Zig), Ares Wand, Eightrei Mirage, Dim Wand, Blood Pyrus or any 14* exchange weapons (there's a couple of es exclusives that will probably be exchangeable like the rest but for a rarer item)

Everything that you listed there comes from either Ep5 or Ep6, this doesn't help answer the question in any way for the game's current state.

@Kos said in Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?:

Everything that you listed there comes from either Ep5 or Ep6, this doesn't help answer the question in any way for the game's current state.

maybe we will get some of the 14* in simple exchanges...or some of the "weapons we would know" are recieving super buffs in the global version and being alot better than we would expect them to be...only sega knows

so regarding ops question...chances are high that the meta changes...but nobody but sega can answer you how it will change and wich weapons could possibly recieve big buffs or are introduced way earlier than they should

Any idea when we might get the hero class?

@Sephlock Episode 5, next month unless I am mistaken. The roadmap said Q3 and September is the end of Q3. Technically speaking Episodes 1-3 bled into Q3 in spite of the roadmap suggesting otherwise, the third quarter starts in July.