Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Spread_Needle <- Damn. That is a beautiful beautiful rifle. And this coming from a Launcher Ranger only kind of guy. ­čÖÇ ­čśŞ

o/ =^.^=

Sneedle isn't that great in PSO2, sadly. It's certainly usable, but it isn't top-tier or anything.

@Hatsodoom said in Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?:

@MisterJaySnek said in Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?:

The 2nd raid boss and onward dangles 14* (including Eternal Psycho Drive and Spread Needle) over your head so yeah.

Also binding rings to 12*units.

SPREAD NEEDLE!!!

It's good but it's better for mobbing, especially for newbie Phantoms.

Dood, it's a Spread Needle, you're missing the point.

Episode 5 is when you'll get weapons better than Slave. I think that's when Rarity 15 weapons finally come in.

@Il├║vatar The point is its a really iconic weapon ­čĺů

@KnightHarb1nger said in Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?:

https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Spread_Needle <- Damn. That is a beautiful beautiful rifle. And this coming from a Launcher Ranger only kind of guy. ­čÖÇ ­čśŞ

o/ =^.^=

Almost sounds like the Type-33 Guided Munitions Launcher (Needler) from Halo

A Rifle that shoots countless needles. They are inferior to bullets, but when focused, they unleash destruction.

But I'm guessing the needles don't explode?

@GamerKillance The 14* weapons EP4 is bringing are all already stronger than nem/slave under the right conditions. The issue is actually obtaining them, though.

will Zieg offer the Ray to Union upgrade in Ep 4?

Probably? It's hard to predict things like that, since NA is not matching up to JP on a lot of exchange stuff thus far.

ah I thought it may have come with ep 4 in JP but wasn't sure. couldn't find an original release date for it anywhere.

Yeah, the 14* weapons are technically the strongest in EP4. However, their rarity made it so that they never really made any changes in the meta because no one could ever expect to get one. No one could consider them meta defining because barely anyone could get them.

They were like unicorns.

I have a question about the Form Scythe. Considering its rarity and the incredibly high prices it goes for on the player shops, would it be worth having still in EP 4 or does it become outclassed?

@Demilune I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the Ultimate Quest drops, Slave and Nemesis Cross already eclipse it.

@Mattwo7 Yes. It's basically almost a niche weapon for a wand whacking te/hu. In that case I believe it is supposed to be better.