Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?

Title Question, besides crafted Disks, anything of note for the upcoming content patch for new high end gear to worry about? 14*s and the like? If so, what are the methods of obtaining?

Not really. We may get Ares early just as we got Nemesis and Slave NT early, DEUS drops units that are slightly better than Ray, and we may have access to Whitill 12 star units, but other than that your current gear will still be overtuned for all of the content.

The 2nd raid boss and onward dangles 14* (including Eternal Psycho Drive and Spread Needle) over your head so yeah.

Also binding rings to 12*units.

Yeah, it will be a while before we get something to beat Slave/Nemesis. They beat out even the Qliphad weapons, I think, unless you go absolutely insane with stat affixes.

@MisterJaySnek said in Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?:

The 2nd raid boss and onward dangles 14* (including Eternal Psycho Drive and Spread Needle) over your head so yeah.

SPREAD NEEDLE!!!

@Ilúvatar said in Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?:

Yeah, it will be a while before we get something to beat Slave/Nemesis. They beat out even the Qliphad weapons, I think, unless you absolutely insane with stat affixes.

Alrighty, thanks for the info

@MisterJaySnek Binding rings to 12* units has not been confirmed yet, but really SHOULD be added. I can't get them to confirm it.

Well they have until ult amduskia comes out before they're officially late on it. That's when the ray set was originally introduced along with the mechanic.

@toybox said in Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?:

and we may have access to Whitill 12 star units

Honestly I don't get what the deal with Phantasy Star and Whitil is. Gimme Skyly and Bluefull units GDI!

They're not even white, they're blue.

Well they have until ult amduskia comes out before they're officially late on it.

Which I'd imagine will be in on launch. Would kinda suck if not tbh, considering most of the drops in there are things we already have, and it also would fit the current campaigns for ultis that want you to finish runs so much better.

They're not even white, they're blue.

Maybe but it's not just the color that matters to me. Why even call them Whitil?

@Mattwo7 said in Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?:

@toybox said in Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?:

and we may have access to Whitill 12 star units

Honestly I don't get what the deal with Phantasy Star and Whitil is. Gimme Skyly and Bluefull units GDI!

I concur! Rainbow PSO Sector Units por todos!!

Seriously.

o/ =^.^=

I'm gonna say no. Sure Ep4 introduces 14s to the game but the issue is that the drop rates for those are gonna be terrible so we'llhave to wait until Ep5 when 14's become the standard gear to outclass Nemesis/Slave.

@Hatsodoom said in Does the Gear Meta change in Ep4?:

SPREAD NEEDLE!!!

oh man i need that...the first weapon that i enjoyed a ton on ranger...who cares about nemesis when you can have spread needle