Get C Drive space back for Steam Download

Get C Drive space back for Steam Download

Now that the steam version is going to be released, can anyone tell me how to get my hard drive space back from widows version of the game. I uninstalled it but I still don't have enough space to reinstall it when steam version comes out. I know there is nothing wrong with my gaming laptop. It's not even a year old yet. I bought it just for PSO. What should I do. Please help anyone.

I recommend trying the built-in Disk Clean up tool built into windows 10.

• Open up the Settings App for Windows 10.
  • Click on "System".
  • Click on "Storage"
  • Click on "Temporary Files" for the C Drive.
  • Make sure that "Delivery Optimization Files" is checked.
  • Click "Remove Files".
  • Wait for dialog to finish. This can take a long time depending on how many files are being removed.

You will have to keep your Store install if you want to link your existing account to Steam unless you want to start over. Then you willl be able to remove it once it's done.

@dandeloreon said in Get C Drive space back for Steam Download:

I recommend trying the built-in Disk Clean up tool built into windows 10.

• Open up the Settings App for Windows 10.
  • Click on "System".
  • Click on "Storage"
  • Click on "Temporary Files" for the C Drive.
  • Make sure that "Delivery Optimization Files" is checked.
  • Click "Remove Files".
  • Wait for dialog to finish. This can take a long time depending on how many files are being removed.

does this really work? i need to reinstall the game just to get a link code for steam but i dont wanna install it if its going to steal my hard drive space again

@morizan Same here. I'm scared it's going to eat up and take away even more space, then I won't be able to download anything.

@dandeloreon The same amount of space is still taken up.

@Akaei I can't get back into Microsoft store version of the game because sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. I already uninstalled it and I don't have enough space to install it from either store.

Ps: this is a new computer I haven't had for a year yet, and Microsoft has taken all my space away from one game download.

@Jac-Rabbit-P

That means you are needing to clean up the Backup folder Microsoft uses for "Corrupted" applications/games. The steps to fix this requires Administrative access, and using the command prompt to erase each folder one by one.

• Start an administrative command prompt
  • change the directory to "c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MutableBackup"
  • Run the takeown command to recursively take ownership of the complete folder and files for phantasy star online 2. Just as a heads up, The folders you are wanting to clear out start with "100B7A24.oxyna".
  • Use the rmdir command to recursively delete the each folder containing "Corrupted" copies of Phantasy Star Online 2

NOTE: These Instructions do not include Instructions on what parameters to pass to the commands, but more information about the commands are gained by passing "/?" to the command.. So for example you can read the information on the commands using the following:

takeown /?
rmdir /?

Just the fact that you have to do all this crap over a game because of the Microsoft store makes me sick. I can't stand Microsoft because of this stuff. They completely take over your system because of a game. I just got off the phone with Microsoft tech and I hadn't even installed the game I just downloaded it and it took up 15 gigs of my drave space with no option to delete the files. The tech guy that helped get rid of the files did remotely and I watched him take over my PC going deep into the system just to remote the dam files. I never would have been able to do this. All this BS over a game.