Stickied Introduction thread

I’m guessing there’s already some threads floating around with some background info on players, but I figure there should be something in general discussion at the top since there’s a lot of us that have history with the series and might want to see who’s coming back for another round of the series and its forum.

Sort of relevant question given the guidelines: How are we on posting our own personal info? Like basically name or photos that we might be in? I understand it might be an issue to give even that much on other members, but it should be okay for ourselves right?

Not sure, but I get the feeling this was intended to be an introduction kinda thread?

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/52/new-players

The two posts on it and the initial post could be moved/edited and a GM could make the first introductory post and encourage others to do so.

No, that article was intended to be a "tips for new players", or something similar given it's section. There is no introductory thread, but please feel free to create one, and I can pin it. Or I can make one and just introduce myself as "Green Rappy"/"GM Deynger."

As much as I'd like a sticky, I think the OP probably should be a GM just being like 'hey introduce yourself here.'

edit: I see a sticky that mentions introductions, but I think it would be more straightforward to have a list of incoming/returning forum players and not mix them in with random questions newer players might have.

@GM-Deynger Hey, I'm kind of wondering what happened here. I was passing the GMs priority before myself on creating the thread but that wasn't an open invitation for another player to cut in and take it. I think that's pretty rude to do after seeing the thread here without so much as waiting for a response or asking.

I just wanted someone to make the thread. I wasn't aware there was prestige that went along with it.

I'm trying not to make assumptions here as to why they did it, but I believe it was wrong of the user to see my post and then speed ahead in making a thread themselves without any other interaction. By making that thread a sticky, I feel like you've encouraged bad behavior on their part and that includes passing me up too. I'd be much more comfortable if you would go ahead and fix this. I really want to have confidence that we can respect each other on the new forums here (even if it's awkward to work out sometimes).

@katsukiyakisoba no offense, but you created this article on the 23rd and @GM-Deynger said he would pin a created thread on the 25th.

The intro-thread was created on the 27th. That hardly qualifies as "rushing" to do it, especially considering the creator in question is on here as much as I am (and that is all the time almost), so I can guarantee he waited to see if you would do it yourself before deciding to finally make one.

@katsukiyakisoba said in Stickied Introduction thread:

I'm trying not to make assumptions here as to why they did it, but I believe it was wrong of the user to see my post and then speed ahead in making a thread themselves without any other interaction. By making that thread a sticky, I feel like you've encouraged bad behavior on their part and that includes passing me up too. I'd be much more comfortable if you would go ahead and fix this. I really want to have confidence that we can respect each other on the new forums here (even if it's awkward to work out sometimes).

I did not do it with the intention of upsetting anyone. Since some time had passed nothing showed up so I went ahead and did it myself. You can bad mouth or dislike me if you want, I would be more then happy to take it if it helps you. But this is a community forum. If I didn't do it I know others would have done it as well. Sorry that you feel the way you do about the creation of the topic and if I could I would delete it and happily let you create the topic anew.