Will we get reset passes?

Are we gonna get All Skill Reset Passes come episode 4?

We should since Japan usually got them every time changes happened.

I can 99% guarantee we're getting Skill Reset Passes. 1 for every character on your account. Level cap increase usually means adjustments to the skill tree in some way, so we generally do get a skill reset pass for it.

Actually, it seems that JP and NA (to be global) are handling skill reset tree pass in a different way. As Jay6x said, JP hand out reset passes when some class skills are changed, whether they are nerf of buff. This has been written in the update patch notes every time they hand out the pass in JP server.

But this reason won't work well with NA, as NA had equivalent of late EP6 class skills of JP from the beginning. There's no skill to change for quite a long while. So they seem to make "celebration" as a reason to hand out the pass. In NA, they first gave us the pass to celebrate the official Xbox launch, then to celebrate the PC launch.

So this time, it's new episode, global release and STEAM release coming all at once. Too many reasons to hand out a reset pass, I think. Just I hope they won't exclude the new players from getting the pass. Excluding PC players from receiving a pass to celebrate PC release was an awful move, I hope they won't repeat that 😃

@Fiona-Respha said in Will we get reset passes?:

Actually, it seems that JP and NA (to be global) are handling skill reset tree pass in a different way. As Jay6x said, JP hand out reset passes when some class skills are changed, whether they are nerf of buff. This has been written in the update patch notes every time they hand out the pass in JP server.

But this reason won't work well with NA, as NA had equivalent of late EP6 class skills of JP from the beginning. There's no skill to change for quite a long while. So they seem to make "celebration" as a reason to hand out the pass. In NA, they first gave us the pass to celebrate the official Xbox launch, then to celebrate the PC launch.

So this time, it's new episode, global release and STEAM release coming all at once. Too many reasons to hand out a reset pass, I think. Just I hope they won't exclude the new players from getting the pass. Excluding PC players from receiving a pass to celebrate PC release was an awful move, I hope they won't repeat that 😃

They mentioned we'll be getting new skills, so it makes sense too.

We've already had skill reset passes issued when no classes have changed, twice.

It's a point of longstanding aggravation among PC players that we've needed to go over two months now without any resets when the pre-PC period saw two distributions with no skill changes involved in that same span of time immediately beforehand. Including the very maintenance that brought the game to PC which mysteriously chose to make receipt conditional on playing prior to the maintenance when it could have simply given them to everyone.

Though nothing has been said, it is likely that we will receive reset passes on the 4th-5th August maintenance, perhaps with the same condition. But if so, fortunately for Steam and global players, Episode 5 will be less than two months after that and will likely distribute some more. On the other hand, if Episode 4 does not provide reset passes, the situation will be far beyond a joke for the PC players who started back in May.

PC launch celebratory pass that PC players didn't get.

Ya makes total sense lol.