So EP.4 is coming around the corner, How am I able to craft disc if my PQ is indefinitely bugged because of the SG scratch

Man, thats really interesting. I've heard from so many places that the game as a whole is a true master craft of coding/programming etc. Seems surprising there wouldn't be some basic fail/timeout procedures in place for things.

But then I'm reminded of an age old programmer/developer adage that goes something like "What is horrendously complex to the average person is but a triviality to the programmer. And vice-a-versa."

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger said in So EP.4 is coming around the corner, How am I able to craft disc if my PQ is indefinitely bugged because of the SG scratch:

I've heard from so many places that the game as a whole is a true master craft of coding/programming etc.

Last time I heard about the code it was referred to as a complete mess. Then again, it IS eight years old. I don't know much about coding but I do know that the older a consistently updated codebase is, the more of a mess it becomes...

Wonder if its also related to music disks; ive noticed a few of the Shining Hero music disks dont actually play (have no sound file associated with them); but you can still choose to play them.

@SizedBead674873 I'm pretty sure that's unrelated.

I know some of the music discs don't start up immediately, and that you have to wait a few seconds before the intro pics up. But other than that, I haven't had an issue with them

As for the bug with personal quarters, haven't had a single issue yet, so maybe I've been lucky.

@Mattwo7 said in So EP.4 is coming around the corner, How am I able to craft disc if my PQ is indefinitely bugged because of the SG scratch:

@KnightHarb1nger said in So EP.4 is coming around the corner, How am I able to craft disc if my PQ is indefinitely bugged because of the SG scratch:

I've heard from so many places that the game as a whole is a true master craft of coding/programming etc.

Last time I heard about the code it was referred to as a complete mess. Then again, it IS eight years old. I don't know much about coding but I do know that the older a consistently updated codebase is, the more of a mess it becomes...

Very fair point! Guess all things considered about time it starts to show its age to coin a phrase. 😸

Having been around it a lot myself over the years. Planning, development, testing, iteration, etc. I wonder how many opportunities there are, if ever fully, to really run through all of it. Clean it up. Refactor it. And all that happy fun Full Stack DevOps Jazz. ;0 ;~)

o/ =^>^=

about time it starts to show its age

Why are you saying that like it hadn't already? Why do you think NGS exists? NGS is basically A Realm Cataclysm'd (FFXIVARR being a revival sequel combined with WoW Cataclysm being a revamp of an old game but an update and expansion pack rather than a sequel).

Re: messy code

This game literally has menus tucked away like expert matching because they couldn't be bothered to modify the party details window all the way from ep2 until 6. Lots of windows created for menus from ep4 and onwards lack the ability to resize them despite the fact that thru could heavily benefit from it.

And this is just the UI. A professional programmer would probably be terrified seeing what really was under the hood of this game.

I guess a purple and black checkerboard pattern doesn't exist as a failsafe in the code. I'll note I've never seen that on the JP version. Yeah this is bad. If you're on premium or room pass at least you can wait that out and it'll default you back to the miniroom but it doesn't fix the issue in the long run.

So apparently they updated the known issue page with this,

We have confirmed an issue in which a message window “The selected item can’t be placed because you don’t have one” in the Personal Quarters causes item placement to fail for items that can be exchanged in the Limited-Time SG Swap Shop.

Currently this issue is affecting the following items:

・Furnishings “EP1&2 Posters”

・Furnishings “EP3 Poster”

This will be fixed in a future patch. We apologize for the inconvenience.

DUDE.... I AM FACE PALMING SO HARD. I am pretty sure they disabled the fucking item after the initial spark of tickets for the item being bugged and their PQ was fucked. A lot of people stated the item was 0x0 on the desc.

The only other way you can get around this is to wait for your premium to expire your room will get reverted to a mini room. Then while inside your own room, buy premium and change to room layout B and use layout B until it gets resolved.

Man, thats really interesting. I've heard from so many places that the game as a whole is a true master craft of coding/programming etc. Seems surprising there wouldn't be some basic fail/timeout procedures in place for things.

As someone who can see the source code of the game, whoever told you this lied through their teeth.

@Andross my premium doesn't expire for 3 months and my PQ is like 5 months so big F

@Michealsaurus said in So EP.4 is coming around the corner, How am I able to craft disc if my PQ is indefinitely bugged because of the SG scratch:

We have confirmed an issue in which a message window “The selected item can’t be placed because you don’t have one” in the Personal Quarters causes item placement to fail for items that can be exchanged in the Limited-Time SG Swap Shop.

DUDE.... I AM FACE PALMING SO HARD. I am pretty sure they disabled the fucking item after the initial spark of tickets for the item being bugged and their PQ was fucked. A lot of people stated the item was 0x0 on the desc.

I think that tells us that we'll have to wait a bit until after Episode 4 hits. That's the priority it seems.

@Ranmaru said in So EP.4 is coming around the corner, How am I able to craft disc if my PQ is indefinitely bugged because of the SG scratch:

@Michealsaurus said in So EP.4 is coming around the corner, How am I able to craft disc if my PQ is indefinitely bugged because of the SG scratch:

I think that tells us that we'll have to wait a bit until after Episode 4 hits. That's the priority it seems.

This could either be a part of the EPISODE 4 update or the update that follows after. Right now with both the launch of EPISODE 4 and the Steam release, these two had become a priority... they could either slip the fix into the Ep 4 update if they got the time to look into it or we may have to wait till the update after that.