PC ver gonna be released later

@redPG said in PC ver gonna be released later:

Usually stuff like that is bound to your account so you won't be able to sell it.

Oh no 😢

If they would let us Transfer our PC characters from the Japanese Servers then i would say ok... that's fine with waiting longer, but I know they have no access to those files and probably won't be able to link them..

So Grinding chracters all over again and Hero and Phantom status + Dark evolve.

Fun Fun.

also from what I have seen (i don't own the Xbox one so i cannot play it) We are probably only getting the First three stories before we even set foot into the expanded universes that the Anime followed.

So no Dashing around Tokyo, No fighting Magical towers, No fighting Battleship hybrids with mecha, no fighting Persona phantoms.

Basically we will see what Microsoft does, and honestly they have A LOT TO FILL.

@Dragux , Microsoft is not the one behind the release, SEGA of Japan is the one who made the NA client, provides updates and runs the servers. Localization had been outsourced to freelance translators and Lionbridge Technologies. The community management (social media, GMs, Forums) are all ESTsoft. Also when the manual leak, indications were present that future episodes would be released over time (Successor Classes had already been localized as Scion Classes, one section said "this area will be accessible when Episode 4 releases).

What if they are delaying PC because JP team has been working on unification code to bring JP PC cross play with Western. PogChamp we can dream.

@Rantious said in PC ver gonna be released later:

What if they are delaying PC because JP team has been working on unification code to bring JP PC cross play with Western. PogChamp we can dream.

They already announced JP and NA will be seperate.

@GamerKillance said in PC ver gonna be released later:

@Rantious said in PC ver gonna be released later:

They already announced JP and NA will be seperate.

It would be impossible to merge them, also, or even transfer, since one, they are on different servers, and two, the database structure would make it a pain in the butt to move. They would also have to remove everything from the account that isn't available in NA, including potential collaboration content purchased (which would not allow for a refund), and all later story progress and content would need stripped from the character data, for content not in NA yet. An actual server merge would be impossible too.

@Cedka Yea probably, due to the reason that the game is cosplay. So there would really be a reason to have a beta for PC but who knows. I mean I think its not fair that Xbox is the only way to gain access to the beta and the rewards you can get, I think they should allow PC player's to join in as well.

@ikaruga it's not fair we had to wait 8 years to play this game.

While it's understandable that xbox servers need further stress testing due to their novelty, I believe it's a bit unfair to exclude PC players from the testing phases altogether. We're not using JP servers, so NA PC servers must be tested at some point...

@Moelleux said in PC ver gonna be released later:

While it's understandable that xbox servers need further stress testing due to their novelty, I believe it's a bit unfair to exclude PC players from the testing phases altogether. We're not using JP servers, so NA PC servers must be tested at some point...

The Xbox servers are the PC servers. It is cross play.

I bet @GM-bill and @GM-Cheezpuff are logged into the PC version.

.>

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC ver gonna be released later:

I bet @GM-bill and @GM-Cheezpuff are logged into the PC version.

>.>

Bro I found ur eye

@Rantious I do believe some screenshots from the game's manual are in fact from the PC version. As I posted in another page, consider the discrepancy in this screenshot from the manual:

editor-1580765774844-37928.png

To what is actually listed in the Xbox One version:

PSO2_MenuXbox.jpg

While some of us could simply assume its because the screenshot is taken from an earlier verison of the game (for some reason "LOGIN MENU" became "TITLE MENU"), I believe its because the screenshots come from the PC version as a lot of the missing options are consistent with what would normally be present on PC:

• Window/Text Size Settings: Is in the PC version on the game's launcher (which the Support Page reveals, will still be used for NA)
  • Online Manual: Is normally present in the Ship Menu as opposed to the Title Menu, for some reason Xbox One moved it to the Title Menu.
  • Licenses: The license requirement is that it has to be 'visible'. On the PC version there is a folder in the game's files labelled "Licenses" which has the various .txt license files for each API/Middleware/Third Party stuff used.
  • Reset Saved Data: This feature is uneeded as resetting data is done through the launcher / you can delete your local character files from the Documents Folder.
  • Return To Title Screen: Just like in JP PC, it used to be "Exit Game" which... well exits to Desktop. The Xbox One version simply makes it a "Return to Title Screen" option.

@Leonkh99 probably a lot easier to build documentation on PC because you can grab a screenshot in 2 secs and paste it into the doc you're working on. So I could buy that theory.