PC ver gonna be released later

@Obscure-Ale On the Japan side you can hop on any platform and have access to all characters. I dont see why that would change with NA.

@AnonMarc said in PC ver gonna be released later:

@Obscure-Ale On the Japan side you can hop on any platform and have access to all characters. I dont see why that would change with NA.

Alright sounds good, Thanks

@Obscure-Ale Np, i tried looking for any mention of cross-progression but found nothing. Wont be too long now until we find out with the open beta in a few weeks away, hoping they allow PC join the fun. But if by any chance they decide to lock progression to platforms i will be quite sad and just go back to JP.

@Obscure-Ale said in PC ver gonna be released later:

@Obscure-Ale The game will be fully crossplay.

I know it's crossplay but Cross-progression is a different thing and many games that offer crossplay don't actually share the progression across devices, So will your same character keep it's progression whether you log in on Xbox or PC with it or is it crossplay but needs 2 separate characters 1 on each platform?

@Obscure-Ale Np, i tried looking for any mention of cross-progression but found nothing. Wont be too long now until we find out with the open beta in a few weeks away, hoping they allow PC join the fun. But if by any chance they decide to lock progression to platforms i will be quite sad and just go back to JP.

I never heard of a MMO not having both considering the data is saved on the Server and not on the platform. The only situation I can think of that would have a situation like this is games that have an offline mode and/or where the data is saved on the platform and not the server.

@Diamond-Cats258 the real question that determines it for sure is how the accounts work.

XBOX and Win10 will have shared progress because you are using your gamertag to "get" your account progress on your client.

I will use Vindictus as an example. Before it was on steam you had to download the Vindictus client to play and you used an account you created with Vindictus to log in. When it was added to Steam, it would ask you at the title screen to log in to your account, which made you keep your progress.

FFXIV uses a square enix account, so your progress is persistent between PS4 and PC (assuming xbox will be the same).

An example of a game that is NOT persistent: Rocket League. My XBOX account is independent from my Steam account, so the progress is not persistent.

If they come up with a PSO specific account that you must log in to regardless of what platform you are on, it will be shared between all devices. If it uses your platform's ID as your log in only, it will not be persistent (other than from XBOX --> Window's 10 Play Anywhere).

The CBT only used the XBOX log in, so hopefully that is not an indication of how it will be moving forward.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC ver gonna be released later:

The CBT only used the XBOX log in

Even though the forums use the "Xbox" Login, I was actually forced to use my Microsoft Login instead, since my Xbox login was linked to my Microsoft Account, and my Microsoft Account has special security measures on it. (IE: 2FA/etc.)

@coldreactive said in PC ver gonna be released later:

Even though the forums use the "Xbox" Login, I was actually forced to use my Microsoft Login instead

And here I've been in read-only mode since CBT because I can't be bothered to dig out my old xbox360, when I could have been using my work Microsoft account the whole time... Boy did that picture fool me aa0db3a5-d386-46fb-bbb0-7ddabb4113e4-image.png alt text

@Havox3 said in PC ver gonna be released later:

Even though the forums use the "Xbox" Login, I was actually forced to use my Microsoft Login instead

And here I've been in read-only mode since CBT because I can't be bothered to dig out my old xbox360, when I could have been using my work Microsoft account the whole time... Boy did that picture fool me aa0db3a5-d386-46fb-bbb0-7ddabb4113e4-image.png alt text

yeah, and it seems funny that a Microsoft Account doubles as an XBOX Account, but not the other way around, without linking a former xbox account to a Microsoft account. I have never had an XBOX and I can still use my Microsoft Account as an XBOX Account on Windows 10, since the games on it use XBOX accounts, but I can log-in fine with my Microsoft account. They should just merge XBOX and Microsoft accounts altogether.

@Ragnawind said in PC ver gonna be released later:

@Havox3 said in PC ver gonna be released later:

yeah, and it seems funny that a Microsoft Account doubles as an XBOX Account, but not the other way around, without linking a former xbox account to a Microsoft account. I have never had an XBOX and I can still use my Microsoft Account as an XBOX Account on Windows 10, since the games on it use XBOX accounts, but I can log-in fine with my Microsoft account. They should just merge XBOX and Microsoft accounts altogether.

I never realised separate Xbox accounts still existed, I think the entire gen my Microsoft account has been my log in for the console also.

I never realised separate Xbox accounts still existed, I think the entire gen my Microsoft account has been my log in for the console also.

They had to, since there was an Era before Windows 7 and 8 😛

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1237167798222082048 Sans titre.png

Open Beta only for Xbox One, I'm sooooo disappointed 😢

The gap will be huge between Xbox and PC Players

I don't GAD how people want to break down not having a PC Beta. It's not going to happen. Xbox gets first dibs...plain and simple!! You PC and PS4 people are trying to ruin the hype of the game cause you aren't first in line. Sure the West got shafted on a release 8 years or so ago. Well guess what? it's here now. Xbox is first, followed by Wins PC, Steam and whoever else!! If you wanna cry and stay on the JP servers, then do it!! Let the rest of us enjoy the Xbox OBT then release without all your belly aching. I swear strictly PC and PS4 people moan when they aren't first at something. Phil Spencer made this happen. You can wait or you can go get an Xbox One.

@Beyond-Eternia said in PC ver gonna be released later:

My main platform will be PC. Until then, I will be playing on the xbone. So grateful that we have cross progression.

Is cross progression confirmed? I wanna be there as soon I can on Xbox but will likely play between both console and PC if progress is shared going forward as friends on the PC side will be joining in also.

Yes cross progression is confirmed

@Toy-Soldier-Ken said in PC ver gonna be released later:

You PC and PS4 people are trying to ruin the hype of the game cause you aren't first in line

Absolutely not, Us PC players just want to play at the same time with Xbox players

If you wanna cry and stay on the JP servers, then do it!!

I don't play on JPN servers

You can wait or you can go get an Xbox One.

I'm not gonna buy a console and pay Xbox live gold only for one game

I don't GAD how people want to break down not having a PC Beta. It's not going to happen. Xbox gets first dibs...plain and simple!! You PC and PS4 people are trying to ruin the hype of the game cause you aren't first in line. Sure the West got shafted on a release 8 years or so ago. Well guess what? it's here now. Xbox is first, followed by Wins PC, Steam and whoever else!! If you wanna cry and stay on the JP servers, then do it!! Let the rest of us enjoy the Xbox OBT then release without all your belly aching. I swear strictly PC and PS4 people moan when they aren't first at something. Phil Spencer made this happen. You can wait or you can go get an Xbox One.

yea.. pc player are pretty used to having to wait for games actually. we get all the indie and vr games way before consoles, but we get all the exclusive releases late if at all and its been that way for a while.