PC ver gonna be released later

@MEGAF1UX

you know they already use it for switch right? so it IS tested.. just like the pc version of the game IS tested.

The way Cloud servers are used in Switch is completely different from how its used on the NA version....

Azure Cloud is being used to host the Server Software on the NA version (as in the software that processes Logins, Host Game Sessions, etc), its something that many other games use. PSO2 Cloud on the other hand is the game running in the same way as say... Google Stadia. If you are going to make a claim like this at least look into the proper facts, there's already enough misinformation on the nature of Cloud servers as is and how they are used.

@Leonkh99 yeah, I got mixed up with the actual XBOX project of making every device a thin client so games can be streamed without annihilating space.

They could still do open beta for both platforms, then full release xbox and turn off PC for a week or two before the "official release". That would be simple enough and still fit the "later release".

@Princesse-Jen it was already in english and on pc for the SEA version, and they would have to be pretty incompetent to let renamed audio files break the game.

@Leonkh99 said in PC ver gonna be released later:

@MEGAF1UX

you know they already use it for switch right? so it IS tested.. just like the pc version of the game IS tested.

The way Cloud servers are used in Switch is completely different from how its used on the NA version....

Azure Cloud is being used to host the Server Software on the NA version (as in the software that processes Logins, Host Game Sessions, etc), its something that many other games use. PSO2 Cloud on the other hand is the game running in the same way as say... Google Stadia. If you are going to make a claim like this at least look into the proper facts, there's already enough misinformation on the nature of Cloud servers as is and how they are used.

perhaps you should read that comment again too...

@MEGAF1UX

you know they already use it for switch right? so it IS tested

In regards to PC being tested... yes I understand that. However "they already use it for Switch" is unclear... use what?

I just wanna play least one more time before I die have about 6 months to live so crossing my fingers it will come out soon and I wont be in hospital and miss out

@ozzymarkk said in PC ver gonna be released later:

I just wanna play least one more time before I die have about 6 months to live so crossing my fingers it will come out soon and I wont be in hospital and miss out

you and me both.

@Leonkh99 said in PC ver gonna be released later:

@MEGAF1UX

you know they already use it for switch right? so it IS tested

In regards to PC being tested... yes I understand that. However "they already use it for Switch" is unclear... use what?

cloud saves.

@MEGAF1UX , which again... is nothing to do with the Azure infrastructure. PSO2 handles all its character and save data server-side, the server of which is run on the Azure Cloud platform which is different from Japan where SEGA rents out physical server farms to host the servers. PSO2 Cloud on Switch is a completely different form of Cloud (Google Stadia style cloud streaming) which has nothing to do with the server software (its basically the PC version of the game running on a Cloud computer and connecting to the same physically hosted servers in Japan for all the Online stuff).

So again... "It IS tested" isn't the case since PSO2 Cloud and Azure Cloud are completely different and the way PSO2 stores character and save data has nothing to do with cloud saves.

It's a smart move by Microsoft to release it on Xbox first. It increases Xbox sales, but I feel like its a bad move for consumers.

Might be a little biased since I just wanted it released on PC. xD

@ozzymarkk said in PC ver gonna be released later:

I really hope you'll get the chance too, I hope it comes out soon for your sake!

I'm personally hoping the open beta is released on Xbox and PC simultaneously! It feels like a better way to stress test at the very least!

@MEGAF1UX The SEA release was shambolic, the translation was very poor and messed up to the point loads of it was just made up by someone with no experience of the PSO world and don't get me started on the other random stuff they tinkered with.. like stats on clothing? The SEA version and everything it represents belongs under the SEA. 😂

@Kedlin313 said in PC ver gonna be released later:

@MEGAF1UX The SEA release was shambolic, the translation was very poor and messed up to the point loads of it was just made up by someone with no experience of the PSO world and don't get me started on the other random stuff they tinkered with.. like stats on clothing? The SEA version and everything it represents belongs under the SEA. 😂

yea... but IT WAS IN ENGLISH. thats all i said.

I plan to play on both systems but I'm with you guys and gals. I want that PC beta already.

@Diamond-Cats258 said in PC ver gonna be released later:

I plan to play on both systems but I'm with you guys and gals. I want that PC beta already.

This. PC for when I wanna be a "sweaty", XBOX for when I wanna be lazy and lay in bed doing trivial tasks.