PC ver gonna be released later

@Hengbok said in PC ver gonna be released later:

@Cedka I 'd play with the pc players to help them catch up if that is possible.

It's really kind to you sir !

More delays.

In b4 cancelled again.

The only saving grace is that the twitter message linked in the original post here came before the Xbox only Closed Beta. Hopefully that's what they were mainly referring too... I suppose I'll survive if they don't include PC in open beta either (jerks XD), but if they actually launch separately, with months in between - UGH!

As others have said, PC version basically already exists, just like the game itself does. I imagine architecture between JP and NA 'might' be different, as well as the cross play between Xbox and PC, but really, these are such minor issues, especially compared to what they've already done, that they shouldn't be worth mentioning. Xbox and Win 10 are both MC systems. Please don't leave PC out in the cold XD.

And no, having the JP version available is not a consolation to PC players. It's not like we can transfer anything, nor get our friends who only want the NA version into the JP.

sighs Can only hope they handle this well.

@Cedka said in PC ver gonna be released later:

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1217980202858381312?s=19

so open beta will be probably only for Xbox ? 😵

I mean, I guess take the Twitter with a grain of salt...? It's still possible OBT will hit PC, but preemptive RIP.

@Leonkh99 strange the middle one mentioned "later spring 2020" and the last one just said "later but not late 2020".

Can't imagine much would cause PC to get pushed back. Unless it was an issue with the cloud gaming set up, which there shouldn't be.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC ver gonna be released later:

@Leonkh99 strange the middle one mentioned "later spring 2020" and the last one just said "later but not late 2020".

Can't imagine much would cause PC to get pushed back. Unless it was an issue with the cloud gaming set up, which there shouldn't be.

Which is exactly why it SHOULD be tested.

@coldreactive said in PC ver gonna be released later:

you know they already use it for switch right? so it IS tested.. just like the pc version of the game IS tested.

@MEGAF1UX said in PC ver gonna be released later:

you know they already use it for switch right? so it IS tested.. just like the pc version of the game IS tested.

But they will be using Microsoft's cloud and integrating crossplay with Xbox which is the new factor into things.

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1226556782471892992 alt text

Don't forget about that tweet either: "to finally" not "for when we finally"...

The site already acts like it is released on Xbox One, so I'm just gonna assume the "launch" they spoke of - was CBT. Aka PC's "launch" is OBT, if PSO2 team doesn't like this interpretation then just come out and make it totally clear already - instead of being vague/inconsistent. ლ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°ლ)

@John-Paul-RAGE , if you notice both were posted at different dates entirely. Given that the Community Team may not be constantly on the loop on things, its entirely possible over time they were getting updates and revealing a bit of more information.

Also, it's not really a "cloud gaming' setup, cloud gaming is what Google Stadia and PSO2 Cloud (Switch / PC) utilize. Azure simply means that the server is hosted on Microsoft Azure, something that usually requires a change in IP address. In my opinion, the focus is currently on the Xbox One port given that that's the newly made port that requires to be tested for any bugs and issues.

@MEGAF1UX why does every comment you make always sound so condescending an rude. Did you just come to the forum to bash Sega an troll other users?

@FluffyShinobi said in PC ver gonna be released later:

@MEGAF1UX why does every comment you make always sound so condescending an rude. Did you just come to the forum to bash Sega an troll other users?

Shhhh, you're going to blow his cover.

@FluffyShinobi said in PC ver gonna be released later:

perhaps you should stop relying on your feelings so much when you are staring at facts. i cant really help you "feeling" like im condescending after all. i just type information and that is all it is to me. am i "condescending" for not being clueless about what has and hasnt already been tested or something?

@Rantious I think he wants me to pay the toll !!

@ShadyMilkman said in PC ver gonna be released later:

@Cedka said in PC ver gonna be released later:

it's a cold shower for PC players, the Xbox 1 players gonna be far ahead from PC players 😕

not as cold as if they let people pull accounts from the jp server..

It all depends how much of the game we get at launch in terms of content. Can't import over characters that have skill points and weapons for content we won't even have access to.

That being said I think it'll be VERY unlikely for char transfer between the servers to happen.

I feel like it'd be nice if they could at least allow item transfers (or heck, character but all stats and things are reset to 1), but I can understand why that is likely not possible.

Items that aren't out yet could just be greyed out or something in someone's inventory until proper release.

I'm mainly just a bit sad about re-earning so many things from Scratch Cards and stuff plus I have no idea how some code items will come over and I had redeemed several for items I had always used. Plus some Scratch Card things I pretty much used from the moment I got them to this day and so it'll be a long wait to get them back, but I'm going to do my best to be patient and hope I get lucky.

Just as a side note here, things CAN break in localizing! Sometimes you typo and put in a ; instead of a : and everything falls apart. So there are reasons for the PC version to test. Also there is a chance whatever became an issue for the Xbox servers could end up showing again with PC-- even if the general program has been tested, a new localization and dubbing plus likely entirely different servers aren't guaranteed to work just because the Japanese server is good to go ^^;