PC ver gonna be released later

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1217980202858381312?s=19

so open beta will be probably only for Xbox ? 😡

it's a bad idea to not test crossplay first. It will just make things worse later.

@coldreactive said in PC ver gonna be released later:

it's a bad idea to not test crossplay first. It will just make things worse later.

I wouldn't be surprised if PC gets its own BETA weekends down the line.

I remember when DCUO migrated console and PC players together it was without essentially any testing for live players to see how it would effect servers. I'm not sure logistically how difficult it is to merge the communities.

I'd imagine PC will prob get stand a lone betas and then when the game launches they will be migrated to the NA Xbox servers.

This is all just speculation though.

the game has already been out for 8 years, it already has playstation servers and switch servers right along side the pc servers. it shouldnt NEED to be tested on pc at all, the only "new" platform is the xbox.

I honestly saw this coming, it sucks for the pc players but you guys still have jp servers. But I agree with one of the comments above you guys will probably get your own beta’s

Then I'll try to sub to premium while the Xbox version releases, if they allow us to do so via the website here, rather than on the Xbox Store.

@coldreactive said in PC ver gonna be released later:

Then I'll try to sub to premium while the Xbox version releases, if they allow us to do so via the website here, rather than on the Xbox Store.

There may be access to the store purchase via the Mircrosoft store. If they open access for Windows users or just xbox.

It should launch as an xbox "play anywhere" title I would think. While it may not be a "PC release", it should still be playable on pc, just in the xbox environment.

Maybe not, but one could hope.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in PC ver gonna be released later:

It should launch as an xbox "play anywhere" title I would think. While it may not be a "PC release", it should still be playable on pc, just in the xbox environment.

Maybe not, but one could hope.

unfortunately the twitter quote makes it sound VERY much like it will not be playable on pc in north america until "later". to be honest im glad i finally found a use for the xb1, since it was literally packed away in a closet already because there was absolutely no reason to have it out any more.

@MEGAF1UX , here are three twitter posts concerning the PC version:

Given what we've got, there's several ways this could go:

SCENARIO 1 The basic interpretation most people have... the game will have its full launch on Xbox One in Spring followed by the Windows 10 version in another month of Spring.

SCENARIO 2 Some companies treat Betas as the game's initial launch. While it may not make sense for Closed Beta, it does make sense for Open Betas as those usually lack any form of pre-registration and are downloaded no differently from a full launch. So once Open Beta's over and the full game launches, the Windows 10 version launches alongside it.

SCENARIO 3 Same as Scenario 2 but the Windows 10 version is part of Open Beta as part of a more large-scale Server Stress test (PC + Xbox One players = More players playing the game).

Honestly... Scenario 2 and 3 make sense to me. Given the nature of some of the bugs that showed up on Xbox One, it makes sense why PC would be kept apart as that version is essentially ready (sans needing to tweak localization mistakes that players first encountered on Xbox One) whereas Xbox One was the new port. I'd say, the only other reason Scenario 2 might happen is if, during Open Beta preparation, SEGA feels there should be more testing done on the Xbox One port.

Only time will tell at the end and I'm going to keep being patient (and maybe get a chuckle if one of these scenarios turn out to be the case lol)

it's a cold shower for PC players, the Xbox 1 players gonna be far ahead from PC players πŸ˜•

@Cedka I 'd play with the pc players to help them catch up if that is possible.

@Cedka said in PC ver gonna be released later:

it's a cold shower for PC players, the Xbox 1 players gonna be far ahead from PC players πŸ˜•

not as cold as if they let people pull accounts from the jp server..

@MEGAF1UX said in PC ver gonna be released later:

@Cedka said in PC ver gonna be released later:

not as cold as if they let people pull accounts from the jp server..

It all depends how much of the game we get at launch in terms of content. Can't import over characters that have skill points and weapons for content we won't even have access to.

That being said I think it'll be VERY unlikely for char transfer between the servers to happen.

That moment when somebody said it won't take long to catch up for pc players. When the xbox beta didn't start yet can't wait to play with a dead economy.