Why region lock steam version?

@Blackau said in Why region lock steam version?:

Look! I live in Puerto Rico and can play via MS store pc and xbox but steam decided that we are not NA region and... Rip the rewards.

Lol, what a surprise, we're considered part of the U.S for everything bad, but games constantly think we're separate.

estonia has been left out of many games and regional versions available in eu because it was for some reason left under russian region. but in this case even russia can access this version but estonia cant.

twitch chat would say "free the plebs"

make pso2 available for everyone....i am happy that i can join over to steam and also make purchases through it....but it saddens me to read that some of the nicest people i have met on here cant

@Ephemiel who decide the regions are the companies that publish the games on Steam so if you want to complain over it send those to Sega

Im so confused. So can i use my jp account info. The text reads whatever version you have.

@overfiend78 The JP version is completely separate.

Same server, different login option. Also Azure is a cloud server, you can play pso2 from anywhere in the world (as long as you a close enough to the supported countries)

i already play the game.. thats the issue. its not region locked game exept for steam

This are bad news... After seeing the launch announcement on Steam, I decided to invite friends from neighboring countries to level up together from start, but unfortunately they will not have access due to the region block , I live in Argentina and could play without problems but my friends won't. Hopefully more countries will be added to Steam soon.

@JuggernautGTX said in Why region lock steam version?:

@Ezodagrom

well found an answer to that on reddit from tweaker guys

0fe775c8-908f-40b9-a4b3-2973a4bc28e5-image.png

Just wondering if the Windows Store version will be updated to show said key at some point then. I haven't found it.

@RacsoPy said in Why region lock steam version?:

This are bad news... After seeing the launch announcement on Steam, I decided to invite friends from neighboring countries to level up together from start, but unfortunately they will not have access due to the region block , I live in Argentina and could play without problems but my friends won't. Hopefully more countries will be added to Steam soon.

SEA countries will likely be all excluded until PlayAsia / etc. get rid of their rights to PSO2.

msedge_njbtL3nppN.png

also isnt singapore part of SEA countries? because its in the list where its available

@RemovableRogue said in Why region lock steam version?:

msedge_njbtL3nppN.png

Yes, and if the reddit post is to be believed, we'll need aproduct key. We can't access a product key currently as the order history page doesn't give that information...

Despite it being the place where said key should be: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000641/microsoft-store-find-your-downloads-and-product-keys

@Jamesmor said in Why region lock steam version?:

@Ephemiel who decide the regions are the companies that publish the games on Steam so if you want to complain over it send those to Sega

My point is that Puerto Rico has been a part of the U.S since 1898 and companies still go back and forth on this. Right now, we're getting screwed on this because Sega apparently thinks we're our own thing.

@coldreactive said in Why region lock steam version?:

msedge_njbtL3nppN.png

Yes, and if the reddit post is to be believed, we'll need aproduct key. We can't access a product key currently as the order history page doesn't give that information...

Despite it being the place where said key should be: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000641/microsoft-store-find-your-downloads-and-product-keys

That implies that the keys aren't a thing just yet or they're elsewhere.

The steam store page was available for a short while and then suddenly not available in my region. Pso2 NA was not supposed to be region locked.

Political reasons. If you are from Russia or China, you are automatically blocked from entering any NA games due to security reasons.