Why region lock steam version?

@Sathona-Nian said in Why region lock steam version?:

Greece is supported yay praise the Traveler

Who? Pausanias? Hermes? Odysseus?

@RagnarLothbrokV the hell are you even on about?

@Ephemiel said in Why region lock steam version?:

@The-Ladies-Like said in Why region lock steam version?:

this is SEGA seeing which region was causing the most issues and being the most malicious,

Should've region locked the entire U.S then if this was the case.

You joined an hour ago just to say that?

No, I was around here since launch but I didn't bother signing in here because I had no reason to. Until just recently.

We can all just let this one go now, it's not happening.

this is SEGA seeing which region was causing the most issues and being the most malicious,

Should've region locked the entire U.S then if this was the case.

You joined an hour ago just to say that?

No, I was around here since launch but I didn't bother signing in here because I had no reason to. Until just recently.

We can all just let this one go now, it's not happening.

I don't get what's the point of coming here to tell people that they don't deserve to play the game, even if you truly believe that, it's literally free to not reply to the thread.

@Edes I never said people don't deserve to play the game, don't put words in my mouth.

I was simply stating that people shouldn't waste their energy on the steam version region lock, if the MS store is there then good enough.

The MS store is region locked just the same, atleast for me in the NL

ms store is region locked hard for purchases and has many issues u can bypass with 3rd party tweaker launcher and its also tied into the xbox live support areas. steam however is unhooked from all the xbox stuff and has no real reason to be as restricted because of that and would be great way to access the game and make purchases for ppl who microsoft has ignored since xbox 360 and its live services.

@Ragnawind said in Why region lock steam version?:

@Ragnawind said in Why region lock steam version?:

It is region-locked by necessity.

There's multiple pages right here that show why that's a lie.

If it was region-locked "by necessity", then why block countries that can play the game RIGHT NOW on the MS Store?

The only MS Store regions that should have access to the game without changing regions are USA and Canada. Everyone else must have a glitch. USA and Canada are included in the regions that Steam supports, so it reaches all those tha

The issue seems to be Steam. They do not count Puerto Rico as part of the USA or Quebec as part of Canada. If SEGA wants to fix that, they will have to manually add it to the list of available countries through Steam, if they are allowed.

Quebec is always considered as part of Canada, the steam version is available no problem here. Quebec is often left out of contests however due to local laws here related to lotto Quebec, which handles everything related to lottery, and contests are somehow considered lottery.

As for people complaining that they have access to the game through the MS store, what bothers me with this statement is that the game is region locked just the same through there. It's not because you can easily work around it by changing your region to download the game that it isn't region locked.

There's a huge difference between "supported" and getting access to the game through workaround. While I agree that it blows big time that the steam version has to be region locked so hard, and how it's not easy to bypass it like it is with the Win10 version. Don't mistake working around region lock as "the game isn't region locked"

Sega won't prevent you from playing the game if you work around the region lock, but it still is. I assume there's a lot of legal mumbo jumbo involved with licensing, considering all the collabs. So if you get access to the game, regardless of region lock. They cannot be held responsible and get sued by companies for not paying their licensing and distributing the game in regions where they haven't paid for it.

this game reminds me of Cartman Land, the best theme park in the world but nobody is allowed to come

@N0sSyndrome said in Why region lock steam version?:

Quebec is often left out of contests however due to local laws here related to lotto Quebec, which handles everything related to lottery, and contests are somehow considered lottery.

And lootboxes/gachas aren't?

Literally same issue, while my own country which is Bulgaria is smack in the middle between, Russia, Greece, Turkey, Hungary and etc. and we can't play while all our neighboring countries are - someone has a lot of explaining as we are also in the European Union as Germany, Italy, France and etc. and still nothing.

This package is only purchasable in specified countries Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Great Britain, United States

@Mattwo7 said in Why region lock steam version?:

Quebec is often left out of contests however due to local laws here related to lotto Quebec, which handles everything related to lottery, and contests are somehow considered lottery.

Nope. Because most places still haven't declared lootboxes to be gambling as far as the law sees it.

@Lorient said in Why region lock steam version?:

@Mattwo7 said in Why region lock steam version?:

Nope. Because most places still haven't declared lootboxes to be gambling as far as the law sees it.

Only reason Quebec is left out at times is due to Law 101, that's the reality of things. But in this scenario it's quite included, really rare it happens now they discovered they can claim taxes from digital purchases.

@The-Ladies-Like MS store version is horrible, Always deletes the game or lock you out, and whats your problem we want to play the game as anyone else without having troubles to do so, We have equal rights and is like SEGA does not care about the player base.

So when are they release the game global without the region lock? When the greed kicks in?