Why region lock steam version?

@Josua Thanks. The last two entries, July 27 and 28 were when they started adding countries to the white list. No changes have been made since. I don't know what to think about it, but I'm quickly losing interest in this game due to the lack of actual communication from devs to players. GMs have been really good here, but they sadly cannot stand for an actual dev message to address not only this issue, but all others, like the SG stuff and the censors. It's beginning to be disheartening to watch all this unfold on a franchise I actually like.

Does PSO2 have a community manager? Because it's more likely that the players' opinions and suggestions will be heard and responded to by the developers if they have a community manager or coordinator. I also find the transparency of this game is lacking.

getting a message about our feedback being heard and seeing it still being ignored somehow feels even worse than just regular old silence

especially with still no logical reasoning behind the region locks. the list of available countries just defies any reason any other region lock has existed before.

Let me go ahead and save everyone the trouble on waiting for a response to this decision.

THE REGION LOCK IS PERMANENT.

This isn't a mistake, this is SEGA seeing which region was causing the most issues and being the most malicious, this happened with Black Desert Online. No it had NOTHING to do with publishing issues, people knew better. And when did they decide to open it up? When the game was long gone and dead. Run up a google search to see for yourselves, I don't need to explain.

You think SEGA is going to address the region blocking 2 days from launch after this long radio silence? Out of season April fools! Time to accept reality and move on.

Oh and to point out? I myself am region locked from the steam version, I don't feel sad or angry about it however because this isn't the first time something like this happened. ¯\ _( ツ ) _/¯

@Ezodagrom said in Why region lock steam version?:

@Edes8931 The steam version will be linked to XBox Live accounts, so they can't support the Steam version on countries that don't support XBox Live (in other words, it's Microsoft's fault).

you know whats weird with this statement? I'm living in malaysia currently, and if you do a quick google, Xbox live does not support Malaysia.

But here's the thing, I Have Halo MCC, and i can still connect to it and my xbox live account just fine, play multiplayer, even though im living here currently. So i don't know how this make sense at all for PSO2 Reasoning. Its just bloody weird.

And 2ndly, I saw someone on twitter said on their EP4/STEAM announcement pinned post, that the 33 additional country is not the one from the steamdb site? Cause if u count thats lik 35 or was it 37?

so the additional 33 is not whats already listed? so theres gonna be a total of 70+ country able to access it actually?

in a way that does make sense if the additional 33 is not revealed yet and coming later and the steamdb already list is just one they already pick beforehand. So there's still hope? (maybe? idk? could be?)

@The-Ladies-Like said in Why region lock steam version?:

this is SEGA seeing which region was causing the most issues and being the most malicious,

Should've region locked the entire U.S then if this was the case.

You joined an hour ago just to say that?

@LegaultCriez The Steam DB list has 35 countries, the announcement page says 33 additional countries, in other words, the announcement is not counting the 2 countries that are already supported (USA and Canada), while the Steam DB list has every supported country, the 2 currently supported ones + the 33 additional ones (35 total).

Well ripperonis then, So weird why they Supported Singapore but not Malaysia. When SEA was release they release in Malaysia, Singapore, Philipine and indo i think, or was indo locked. i forgot.

If again the excuse was it only support those that have xbox live supported in their country, then i dont get how i can use xbox live no problem here.

Why region lock steam version?

Because the EU has stricter laws and more consumer standards than the rest of the world and if it is not region locked and SEGA does business there they will have to pay any fines or legal penalties as it will be treated as them releasing in those territories since they do have the capabilities and tools to region lock very easily.

As such region lock so that if anyone from EU plays somehow they are not held responsible or liable to EU law

@Thirstday said in Why region lock steam version?:

Why region lock steam version? Because the EU

That's great, now explain why regions that can play right now on the MS Store and on Xbox are locked out.

@LegaultCriez I dunno. Microsoft has this list of countries where they say that the XBox Live service is supported, the list is only a total of 42 countries:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/regions

The 35 countries where PSO2 is gonna be supported starting tomorrow are all in that XBox Live list (though, there are 7 countries in that XBox Live list where the english version of PSO2 isn't supported).

@Ephemiel said in Why region lock steam version?:

@Thirstday said in Why region lock steam version?:

Why region lock steam version? Because the EU

That's great, now explain why regions that can play right now on the MS Store and on Xbox are locked out.

Microsoft has a broader notion of region than Steam and thus has a different country list for regions

Steam is more conservative with how they divide Regions

Just to be blunt here. It's PSO2 "NA". Not PSO2 "EU" "SEA", etc. They can region lock and do w/e they want, etc. Atleast it's not like some other places where you need a certain social security # to apply for said games. And Xbox Live doesn't = Steam in terms of who they region lock.

@Kuon said in Why region lock steam version?:

Just to be blunt here. It's PSO2 "NA". Not PSO2 "EU" "SEA", etc. They can region lock and do w/e they want, etc. Atleast it's not like some other places where you need a certain social security # to apply for said games. And Xbox Live doesn't = Steam in terms of who they region lock.

"Global access for an additional 33 countries"

PSO2 "NA" indeed. I think i missed the part where Spain, Singapore, the Russian Federation, etc are all in NA.